5: Your Voice

Like every other day, the boys of Seventeen were recording in the studio preparing for one of their showcases, like usual.

"Go clean all the storage rooms before tonight" One of the managers had instructed Rika. It didn't matter which manager, or which trainee, or which president; no matter who it was, Rika would have to listen regardless.

Rika is wiping down the walls in the adjacent mini recording studio store room as she listens to the boys of Seventeen record, the voice she could recognise as Woozi giving comments to the individual recorders like "make your rap sound stronger and sharper, even if your voice breaks its okay" or "raise the tone a little in this line". Rika smiles to herself, already memorising these lessons by heart and having practiced all the advice she had heard simply out of boredom. It sometimes confused her why the boys kept making the same mistakes.

It was stupid that she could even hear them from the mini recording room adjacent to theirs since the walls were supposed to be soundproof, but she heard them anyway. Maybe that was why this room was long left unused and now a storage place.

Today the boys were singing Shining Diamonds, the one song they' ve been singing for ages now probably in preparation for their upcoming debut.

She listened closely and pinpointed each members voice as she sang along and rapped each members part all by herself. Rika knew they wouldnt be able to hear her anyway.

Oh yes. I'm that Diamond.

흉내 낼 수 없는 Seventeen Carat

1분1초가 보석 같은

시간을 즐겨 this is your life hun

Mingyu's part came and she felt herself blush when he said "this is your life hun". In a way she had always placed this song in a special part of her heart, even arranging the acoustic version of it by herself late at night while they practiced next to her. The lyrics meant so much to her:

All you who are ready, come here

One two three four (Everybody get up)

I'll come out

from under the dirt (yeh~)

Now it's time to shine oh oh oh oh

Shining Diamonds yeah

Even after time passes

I won't become weak, We'll keep it up

I'll give you this shining promise

on your finger

Shining Diamonds yeah I'll make you shine

Some day she wanted to come out of this dirt and shine like a diamond. Rika refused to become weak even as time passes and everyone tries to batter her down. Someday she'll shine.

As she wiped the equipment, Rika fiddled with the buttons and shifted the machine to the side before wiping down the desk that held it. Unbeknownst to her, Rika had, unluckily, or luckily, switched on the connecting duet record button.

_____________________

Joshua's POV

I was singing my part of Shining Diamonds with Jeonghan right beside me.

자 눈떠봐 ooh ah

Like Jackson I dance around (Yeh)

이제 준비된 사람들

여기 하나 둘 셋 넷 (Everybody Get Up)

흙 속에 묻혀 있던 날

위로 끌어올려 (Yeh)