47: She Always Wins

Rika's POV

"What do you want?" I snapped. She better make this quick and leave my life. I had people who cared for me waiting for me downstairs. Although, a part of me wished we could stop being like this. I was sick and tired of her trying to mess up my life. If only we could sort things out for once, but I had a feeling it wouldn't be that easy. 

"Why can't you just disappear from my life?!" Hyorin screamed the moment we stepped onto the platform which led to the rooftop. 

From the rooftop you could see all the lights of the city, all the cramped but homely buildings next to each other an a mosaic of beautiful colours lighting up the street of Seoul. The cool night air was amazing too, but I had a feeling it wasn't the best time to be enjoying the view up on the rooftop. 

Maybe with someone else, but with Han Hyorin? I better watch out for my own life. 

I glanced at the door behind her that just swung shut violently then looked back at her with anger in my eyes. 

"Why can't you disappear from mine?" I glared, "Honestly, why are you even asking me that when you're the one coming to find trouble with me?" 

"Because you ruin everything in my life!" she screeches at me, flinging her finger to point at me angrily. 

"I think you got that the wrong way around Han Hyorin," I spat back with calm ferocity, trying to get her to see the truth. I wouldn't get riled up by her— I have to keep calm.  "You came into my life with your mom and broke apart my family. What right do you think you have to say that I ruined everything in your life?" I was trying to keep my swear words away. 

She stared at me with pure hatred and venom like she would kill me if she had a weapon in her hands. To which, honestly, I'm not surprised. The wind suddenly blew, and standing up on the rooftop, I shivered a little from the cold. It was winter, and now I regret leaving my jacket downstairs. I was in a tank top only and I didn't want to get sick or anything. I still have to practice. 

She couldn't reply though, so I went on, hoping to end it and get her to see what she's been doing, to get her back to reality. Also I probably shouldn't stay here for so long with that kind of look in her eyes. No good could ever come from staying near Han Hyorin. "Aren't you just angry that I took first place?" I said fiercely, "Because you no longer have someone to cover your crap and that I, the girl you used to abuse, is now doing better than you ever will? You'll never win, Han Hyorin, no matter how much you think you are winning."

"I always win," she smirked at me with a psychotic look in her eyes.

"So be it, but some time, look into your own heart and ask if that's really your answer." 

"Stop with that bullshit Rika. Stop acting like you're all high and lofty with your words," she stepped closer to me and smiled cruelly, but I refused to move. 

"Do you really think it's doing you any good to be like this?" I asked calmly, "If you admitted everything, you could start again. You could go to university overseas. You don't have to live like this, Hyorin."

I was trying to be logical, reason things out with her and try to get her to see that what she was doing was just leading her down a darker and darker path. No matter what she was still a stepsister, and no matter how much I despised her everyone deserved someone to guide them in the right way. Maybe it wasn't her fault. Maybe it was just her mom.