63: I wish

Rika's POV

Why won't he look at me? 

Why would he get so angry?

We used to have so much fun Jungkook-ah...

What changed?

Am I not good enough a sister for you?

It's been weeks since that incident. Eomma's departure still haunts me, but I'm learning to survive on my own once again. Music was my escape; it was my saviour back then, and it still is now. 

No one speaks to me about eomma's death, and I want to tell them that it's okay. Saying her name won't make it anymore or less obvious that she's moved on. She's moved to somewhere only an angel like her deserves. Its okay.

I can still prove what I want, and everything I do will still be to make her proud. To let her know that I'm okay. To let her know that she will always be in my heart no matter where she is. 

Winter has passed. Long gone are the days of bitter chill, of frosted twigs and cold nights on the wintery rooftops. A part of me wishes winter lasted longer- so I could continue sitting up on the rooftops, freezing myself to numb myself of the world. But a part of me knows its wrong- that spring has come and I have to move on. 

Some days passed like a dream. Seventeen was still together; Bangtan still together. 

My song, nostalgic, sweet, bitter; singing of dark sorrow masked in a relaxed, beautiful tune- my song was popular. I was popular. I was the most popular new female soloist of the year.

But everyone was busy. They were always there for me, but I was being shuttled around for fansigns, events, publicity. I was busy. 

Isn't it amusing how alone I feel when the world finally, finally knows my name?

________________________

"Hyung..." the boy whines, continuing speaking in incoherent mumbles. The smell of alcohol reeks in the air and his hair is stuck in strands to his forehead.

"Jungkook! You idiot. You're such a wreck" J-hope rushes forward to catch the boy as he stumbles in the corridors of Bighit ent. 

"Are you f*ck*ng kidding me Jeon Jungkook," Rapmonster stares angrily at the boy, "This has been going on for weeks. I'm surprised no one has any photos circulating around for you yet." 

"THATS BECAUSE WE'E BEEN HAVING TO COVER HIS STUPID BUTT" Taehyung yells down the corridors, Jimin following behind. The two were in equal state of disarray, just without the drunkedness. 

Jin pops his head out of the rooms and his eyes widen in surprise, despite this series of events happening night after night. Most of Seventeen couldn't understand why Jungkook was acting this way, but Bangtan knew.

"Tae," Jin says gently, "Can you handle Jungkook alone? Then join the rest of us. I think all of us really have to talk about Jungkook." 

Taehyung sulks, but nods regardless and immedietly takes hold of Jungkook as the rest file into the room solemnly. Bangtan had had conflicts before, just like any family, but they had never felt as helpless watching their youngest ruin himself in a cycle of tears and alcohol.