20: A Hint of Freedom

Rika's POV

It's a once in a lifetime chance, to move to a company as known as Bighit. I'm sure eomma would be proud if I told her. And I did. I hugged her and cried, despite her not knowing what I had been through all these years.

"Just stop school if this is your dream Rika, and if it is your dream, never, ever, stop chasing it. My darling baby Rika," Eomma had laughed through her tears, and I cried too, knowing this was a turning point in my life.

I'd be free, doing whatever my heart wished. No more of all this abuse, all this rubbish. No more being treated like trash. I'd be treated like a human, and that's all I ask. I'd have a chance to stand above them all, above Han Hyorin, singing with my own voice, moving with my own body, as Han Rika.

I could be with my friends, my dear Bangtan boys, those silly fools who know nothing but to make me smile. Not even Seventeen had ever made me feel like I was living by myself, although that would be because I had never even talked to them, except for Jun and Mingyu.

I could live as Han Rika. I could even change my last name, change it to eomma's. I could be Jeon Rika. I could be Jeon Rika, a girl who made my eomma proud.

I could live as me.

I'd be stupid not to take a chance like this.

I almost felt myself grinning imagining the look on Han Hyorin's face. Her voice gone. Her future, blasted to smithereens. It was cruel, but hardly anything compared to the pain she had caused me these years.

Yes, I told them.

The moment the question left their mouths, my answer was yes. I signed all the papers without reading them, without a care. Anything, any contract would be better than what I had been living through these few years. I'd be leaving Seventeen, but I have a whole new life with Bangtan. I'd have to say goodbye to Jun, and Mingyu, and all the other boys, but I'd have a future living as Rika- a future I could meet them face to face, with dignity, with pride, instead of hiding in the shadows as a lowly soul. I wouldn't really be leaving Seventeen. I was only giving myself a chance to meet them again someday, as me.

Hopefully I get to see a different you when we get back...

Those were the words Jun left me with.

Jun hyung, Jun-ah, maybe you won't get to see me by the time you get back, but even though I'm leaving, I'll let you see a different me again someday.

Someday, when I can face you with dignity.

This is a promise, I, Rika, make to you.

__________________________

I should've known it was coming. They were coming back, Seventeen, and they were leaving, Bangtan. But that was okay- I'd see my Bangtan soon, very soon. And I'd also say goodbye to my Seventeen, quietly, in my heart. No one would notice my absence, although I hope Jun would. But with Seventeen returning, so was my hell.

Han. Hyorin.

"F*cking go kill yourself!" she spat. Somehow she didn't seem to get very creative with her words over the years. I have nothing to be scared of now, I don't have to be scared of her, any longer.

"Just shut up Han Hyorin. You don't even have to swear, I feel like killing myself hearing your voice." I bit back victoriously. It felt like such a release to finally speak to her like this, all those years of anger trapped inside of me. I have Bangtan to thank for this, especially Jeon Jungkook. Apparently he was the one who pushed for my acceptance into the company.

"You don't speak to my daughter like that you b*tch!" her mother squawks. Yes. Squawks. That's how chickens and vultures make noise, isn't it?

I laugh back in their face, the victory and feelings of joy bubbling in me even as they spit nonsense and insults at me.

All that was in my mind was that they could swear at me all they wanted. I was free now, free. No amount of swearing can quell this joy bubbling inside of me. I was free from this hell. All the anger, insults, swear words forming from them only looked like contorted victories to me, and only added to my feeling of freedom and joy.

Not hearing what insults they were speaking of now and trapped in my own daydream, I look back at them only to find Hyorin coming forward to yank my hair. I claw her on the arm angrily and jab my elbow at her chest angrily. All this time I didn't fight back...I had been in a street gang before. I'm not someone she gets to push around like this.

"YOU IDIOTIC-" Hyorin starts, her face stricken with anger.

"What, can't find anymore swear words in your teenie weenie dictionary?" I snicker.

Her mother now comes at me, and I can tell this is turning physical. Two against one, so what? They're so flimsy. Hyorin hardly does any exercise even as an 'idol', and my stamina has never been one to lag, only enhanced by all these years of manual chores. Hyorin now screeches and flies at me like an insane woman, and I wonder what has gotten into her.

No, should I say, the two of them, mother and daughter, always had some sort of psychoticness in them, some sort of illness that made them crazy. To what lengths they would go to, with their schemes, their drugs, their trickery, I should have known.

But at this point, I, too, was overcome with a feeling of recklessness and invincibility.

I use the parts of my body which I knew would inflict the most pain, my kneecaps, my elbows...All they could do was scratch me with their nails, pull at my hair...

But like I said, my weakness was being overcome by this sudden feeling of recklessness and invincibility. I thought I could fight them both, and in the moment it was so cathartic, so freeing. But like I said, I should've known to what lengths they would go to, with their schemes, their drugs, their trickery, I should have known.

Because the next moment, a cloth covered my face as I was about to strike Hyorin with my knee to her gut, and I felt myself falling unconscious with a thud to the ground.

Han Rika, Jeon Rika...You idiot. 

You should've known. 

______________________

"I've updated like crazy today lol XD This Hyorin and Mistress Han are totally psychotic and just so out-of-this-world insane ugh, I'd kill them off as an author but then my story would go no where XD

What's gonna happen now omg~ You readers are all so smart hehe~ Gonna have to start being more sneaky now, see if you all start picking up hints throughout my story.

Its like 12:30 where I am now and I wanna sleep but I SOOO wanna get to the next part. Its like the first mini-climax part that I've been looking forward to forever now.

Got7 is approaching~

Love you all~ RinaYumi"