44: Friends and Foes

Rika's POV

For some odd reason I found myself smiling when Bangtan voted for Kimmy Lee, and not me. She did deserve it. She was fantastic on there. In a way I had hoped that Bangtan might vote for me, but of course it was fair to vote for the best! And Kimmy Lee was the best. 

In fact only when she was onstage and I was backstage that I realised she was the beautiful girl who stood up for me back then when Hyorin poured her drink on my clothes.

With an idol brave enough to stand up for what's right...And someone so good at what she does, she deserved it.

"And from Boyfriend, Han Hyorin! Hmm...I wonder why this vote appeared? There must be some special charm that Boyfriend saw that I didn't!"

I couldn't help myself from snorting from backstage as I heard that comment. I've got to meet this MC someday and say thank you. 

...From Infinite, Jeon Rika!

Me? Infinite sunbaes voted me, out of the many many girl soloists out there today? At least..I had one vote, and my name was spoken by a sunbae like Infinite out for the world to hear that to them I was the best. 

I couldn't help the grin spreading wider on my face. 

...From Beast, Kimmy Lee again?!

...From Got7, Jeon Rika!

What? Got7 voted for me? 

Isn't that the group that that...Jackson guy and 'Bam' and Mark are from? Why would they even...

...From BtoB, Jeon Rika! Goodness, it looks like there is a general consensus that these two girls are doing amazing!

BtoB sunbaes voted for..me...? I couldn't even believe my ears.

I didn't think I did that well— decent, but comparatively not that well. Was I really...the votes were now catching up to Kimmy's. This was...me? 

I wasn't hearing wrongly right? 

...From BTS, Kimmy Lee! This is getting intense! Out of all the performers, only these two girls are getting all the votes? Is it going to end in a tie?

...And finally, our last idol group vote...

There are already 4 votes for Kimmy Lee and 3 votes for Jeon Rika!

My heart skipped a beat, and my breath quickened in anticipation. How could this even have happened...? Did I actually have a chance at getting first today? 

What will it be?

And from Seventeen...

At this point all the hope in my heart dropped and I let out a wry smile, feeling the tensed muscles relax in defeat. 

Knowing Han Hyorin, my father, his wife...Knowing that whole company...