7: Jun

Rika's POV

I step out to get a washcloth to clean myself and the toilet up, and I turn the corner abruptly, only to walk straight into a chest— I mean, someone. This person's arms were around my shoulders and I quickly stepped back, hiding my bleeding and throbbing arm behind me.

I look up to see a familiar brown hair and almond shaped eyes, a gentle smile playing on the boyish face.

Wen Jun Hui.

I think back to my first day in the company, opening the door only to fall straight into this boy's arms and quickly feel embarrassment rise to my cheeks.

Deja Vu.

____________________

Jun's POV

I turned around the corner and a girl with long brown hair tied up into a pony tail walked smack into me. I caught her, my arms around her shoulders and I watched as she straightened and pulled her arm behind her back.

Its her. I feel my heartbeat quicken a little and the yearning suddenly bursts forth.

The girl with fierce but calm eyes, the one I could stare for the longest time ever.The one who has long brown hair, a pale heart shaped face, almond shaped eyes...The one who I said had many other girls far prettier girls than her, and yet I wondered why I was staring at her.

I had only caught glimpses of her this whole year, and before I could catch up to her, to ask her even her name, or thank her for always prepares drinks and towels for us, she always disappeared.

I see her gripping her arm behind her back and notice the blood still on her arms.

What on earth even happened to her?

______________________

Rika's POV

Jun's eyes widen as he spots my bleeding arm, and I hide it further behind myself, smiling weakly before bowing to walk away. I don't want any one of them to see me as the wreck I am, a straggled girl with her hair astray, in a plain grey tank top and shorts, cleaning up after everyone— add a pathetically bleeding arm to that equation.

Then I laugh at myself for being foolish. The first day the saw me, I was like this. That was the impression I left on them, so did it make any difference now?

I walk slowly away, pulling my arm to the front so Jun can't see it from behind me, when suddenly I feel someone pull my uninjured arm and tug me wordlessly in the other direction.

Jun?

What...is he doing?

He pulls me up the stairs to the rooftop, taking out a white box from a cupboard on the way up.

"Just sit" he instructs, as he gently pushes me to sit on the rooftop garden grass. I sit but look at him uncertainly, only to understand when he opens the box and takes out some bandages.