9: Wildflower

Mingyu's POV

I wanted to know her name, so desperately. My wildflower, wild, free, jagged, alive, bending at a gentle breeze but never breaking, springing up at the most unlikely places, soaking in the water even when the other flowers bow and break to the rain. That girl.

How could I have beared to yell at you and give you a stare like that? How could I have? It was killing me inside.

But it was killing me inside even more to see you being treated like that. No one's supposed to touch you like that. I couldn't have his dirty hands on you. I saw the fire and the anger flash across your eyes, then the pain, the pain having endure this. I saw how they looked at you. I saw everything.

I saw the way you looked at me.

The moment we stepped out the door, I dropped my act and the pain and concern overwhelmed me, seeing her so fearful. When I caught the fire in her eyes, I was relieved; it wasn't gone yet- they hadn't managed to break her yet. I knew she was a wildflower. But I'm so afraid, so afraid that she won't last for long.

I asked her name, and she looked at me with that gaze of confusion and sincerity so much that it touched my heart. Then she suddenly bowed and ran away. Behind me was that stupid girl again, Hyorin. She grasped my arm and pulled me back in to the room. I looked behind me, watching as my wildflower ran away.

I lost her just like that, without even getting her name. The moment sucked all the air out of my mind and a frustration was howling at the back of my head as I gripped table so tightly that my knuckles turned white. Frustration and disbelief flooded my throbbing heart.

Why did I just stand there? Why did I just walk back to that room?

How could I have just let her leave like that, with no way of ever knowing if I'd see her again? I waited for a whole year trying to chase her shadow as she turned around a corner, or as she passed by silently before I whipped around to try catch her.

She was like a butterfly. 

When we pinned her to the wall, the pin merely went through her wings and away she flew

It was a whole year.

A whole year.

_____________________

Rika's POV

I woke up to the sunlight shining directly on my eyes through my curtain-less window. 6am. I got to sleep in today...thankfully.

Yes, I know. 6am is sleeping in, for me. Today I have a slightly lighter day because we have visitors to the company. I push myself up from the mattress and roll it up, wincing as I feel the skin at my arm move uncomfortably from the cut. I unwrapped the bandage Jun had put on for me carefully to see that the wound had already scabbed. See, I'm a tough girl~

I stood up and walked to the shared bathrooms to quickly wash up, smiling to myself when I saw that no one was there yet. I quickly washed up while singing to myself, eager to finish today's jobs so I could relax in my room watching the boys practice.

Today was just organising all the discs and files. For a normal person, the "FILE ROOM" was a horrendous place when everything was scattered in the middle, looking for a place on the many shelves to belong in. Everything had to be in alphabetical order, and repeats had to be placed together. But for me, it was the one task I liked above the rest. I only had to look over all the shelf labels twice to memorise where everything belonged, and from there on it was a breeze. Normally I'd just hang around after I was done since no one expected me to be, and I'd practice my dance and singing in the middle of the shelves, with these files and discs as my audience.

I tiptoed out of the shared showers and walked back to my room, ready to start the day's work. In the hallways, a group of female trainees were whispering and giggling. Must be about the visitors today. I caught the names Bangtan and Got7. Ahh...those new boy groups? Well Bangtan wasn't that new, but still new. I remembered how eomma was telling me Bang Shi Hyuk-sajangmin (Bighit) used to be a composer for Jinyoung Park (JYP)'s company...I wonder why they're here today? I've always heard of the girls speaking of Bangtan Boys, but I had never listened to their music nor seen their pictures.

I brush the thought away. I don't have the time to fangirl, even though the teenage girl in me sometimes wants to. I have greater burdens to bear.

I lock my room door and quickly scurry to the File Room. Best to get this over and done with, then I can spend the day practicing in my room, in secret of course.

I close the door quietly and breath in the smell of this new room. God, it was really messy again. How did whoever that used this room manage to mess it up every single time?

__________________

"Short chappie, but I'm updating the next one immediately. I just wanted to split it into two chapters hehe"