31: Lightning not Thunder

Rika's POV

It was thunder storming outside the window. I love the sound of thunder, but lighting and the wind howling is another case. They freak me out.

Being in a single, dark hospital room, all the lights out, isn't helping.

With every flash of light I curled into the covers even more deeply, despite the fact that I was already starting to sweat.

Maybe I'll just stay up tonight and sleep once I get back to my own room once I'm discharged tomorrow. But, ugh. I leaned my head back in frustration. I probably had a ton of chores waiting for me.

But suddenly I shot up in my seat, causing my side to sear with pain again. I...don't have chores. I'm going to..Bighit? I'm going to BigHit!

I beamed so happily, only to jerk under the covers at the sudden flash of light through the windows.

Lifting my head from under it slowly, I saw a face. Fear and tingles crept up my spine.

And like hell I screamed, all the air out of my lungs, until a hand clamped over my mouth.

"Shh, shh! Its me" the 'face' said, and I only clawed at the hand in shock and fear.

Not a ghost not a ghost not a ghost.

"Han Rika!" the voice said in a hushed tone again, and somehow that made me stop struggling and look up.

"Kim- Kim Mingyu?" I stuttered, not believing my eyes.

It was what, half past midnight?

Of all things, of all creatures, of all people I was considering, Kim Mingyu?

"You scared me!" he pouted cutely.

"Bwo? YOU scared ME," I snapped back, a hand on my chest trying to stop the uneven breathing.

"What are you even doing here?" I whispered, my heart still beating fast at the scare, but now beating even faster at the fact that he was visiting me at midnight, in the darkness, no one else around us.

"I told them I was helping Woozi hyung write rap lyrics," he smiled smugly, "And whoever's writing lyrics like Woozi hyung gets special privileges to go out and get food or whatever at night."

"But I was the first one to use that excuse," he added cheekily, "So even though the rest were bugging me to come it would be too obvious, so now they're all stuck there. They said to say hi."

I stared at him incredulously. Why in the world would he sneak out to see me? I was a nobody to him, just the cleaner girl, at most the girl with the voice who sang into their recording, or the girl he saved from the sleazy dude at the pub.

"So...Hi?" he raised an eyebrow at me, flicking off the water droplets from his wet hair.

"Hi..." I replied slowly, "You still didn't really answer my question though."

"What question?"

"What are you doing here?"

"Visiting you, what else?"

"But why?"

"'Cause our little knight Rika is scared of thunderstorms." he smirked at me as he grabbed a towel from the side and started drying his hair.