25: Ray of Sunshine

As Jun ran off in a desperate panic, Mingyu crouched near Rika while Wonwoo and Dino stood around, unsure of what else they could do in a situation like this.

"Why do they do this to you?" Mingyu asked gently as he brushed Rika's stray hair and placed a palm on her pale cheek. 

Rika is breathing shallowly, and it's almost laboured now. 

"Even if I didn't find out today you were the pretty noona with the nice voice, you've always been our ray of sunshine, noona." Dino crouched down shyly and said in reassurance to the unconscious girl lying on the floor, her shirt stained with blood. 

"Ray of...sunlight...?" Rika mumbles incoherently, smiling, "It was the...other...way...around..."

The boys give a weary smile hearing her say something so touching even while she was in so much in pain, when Mingyu looks down, and notices the blood starting to pool on the ground.

"Hyung! The-the blood" Mingyu looks up at Wonwoo with panic in his eyes. 

Wonwoo gasps as he notices it suddenly too and steps closer to the unconscious girl. 

"Put pressure on her hand first Mingyu, that's where it's bleeding the most. We just have to hope the ambulance and Jun comes fast."

"Hyung but...if the nearest hospital is forty minutes run away, it would take about half an hour before the ambulance comes..." Dino whimpered.

"Hyung?" Mingyu looked to Wonwoo in panic, but in truth none of the boys had any idea what else they could do for the girl now. 

.

.

"MINGYU! Prop her head on your lap!" Jun yelled as he came sprinting haggardly across the road, his jeans scraped and a knee abrasion, spots of blood pooling in bubbles at the skin. 

"Hyung, your leg!"

"Mingyu, I said prop her up at an angle NOW." 

Mingyu carefully lifts Rika's head obediently and sits cross legged on the floor, then releases her head on his lap as a leverage. 

"Dino, help me hold this," Jun instructed as he passed rolls of bandages and cleaning iodine to the young boy.

Jun lifts her bleeding arm and bandages it carefully, then he lifts Rika's shirt at the side gently and slightly winces at the wound, pained by the sight of it. It wasn't just a graze or a single cut, but it was an ugly, jagged rip through her skin. Luckily it wasn't deep. He uses bottles of water to wash the blood off and cleans it, then carefully binds it up with the cotton pad and large white bandage, careful not to pain Rika too much. 

When it's all done, the boys finally let a sigh of relief out, since the bleeding was at least pressurised. 

"Hyung, your leg?" Dino asked again. 

"Aniya, I was just running too fast. Wonwoo, can you help me again? We need to add another pad to the bandage. The blood is soaked through." 

The whole time before the ambulance comes, the boys don't rest, replacing the pads one after another and whispering words of reassurance to the unconscious girl.

______________________

"Don't you ever scare me like this again, Rika-dongsaeng," the boy leans over the sleeping girl lying on a hospital bed. He lifts a hand and tucks the stray hairs around her face behind her ear, then places the back of his hand against her cheeks. 

"You don't know how lucky I feel that you'll be alright" he smiles again wearily, his brown hair ruffled and messy from the running and from all the sweating, his jeans still torn and the blood on his knee crusted, and browned with dirt from the ground. 

The boy reaches under the white sheets and lifts the girl's hands in his, feeling how cold they are, and as he alternates between blowing at the front and back of her palms gently and rubbing them between his own palms, the boy slowly doses off to sleep, exhausted from the all the running and panic of the day. 

_____________________

"Feels feels feels Jun staph it >_< 

I need a Jun <3

Short chapter but I needed to tie this arc up sweetly XD Feels feels feels

And I know the gif has nothing to do with the chapter but everyone needs a little Jun in their lives XD

Let me ask a question, has this chapter promoted Jun in anyone's SVT bias lists yet ^_<?

~RinaYumi"