14: Why are they here?

Rika's POV

Seventeen and most of the company is leaving for some practice camp in Japan, and of course, would Hyorin miss that?

So all my new friends, the people who brighten my dreary life everyday, they're all leaving for two months, but then again means two months of heavenly freedom for me. Free of my father, his wife, Hyorin, free of wild-goose chores. Of course I still have simple cleaning up to do, but...Imagine all that time I have on my hands...I could even sing, dance.

I'm actually not sure whether to be happy or not.

Good and bads, ups and downs, pros and cons...But life's life and there's nothing I can do about it. One thing for sure is, I'll miss them- I'll miss Seventeen for these two months, especially...you, Jun, especially you.

Too bad I won't get to say goodbye.

.

.

.

"See you in 2 months, Rika-dongsaeng. Hopefully I get to see a different you when we get back." , the blue marker said on the practice room mirror as I smiled to myself reading it.

Rika-dongsaeng? Only one person would call me that. It must be Jun; he did remember to say goodbye afterall, to someone like me. He said goodbye to me.

Capturing one last image of the words in my mind, I took the rag cloth and quickly cleaned it off just in case anyone saw- not that many people were left in the company except the staff. Better safe than sorry.

Hopefully I get to see a different you when we get back....Did he know? That I had always longed to dance and sing like them?

.

.

.

It's only 11am and I'm already done with all my chores. Freedom.

This is what freedom feels like. I'll sneak out to go to visit eomma later in the evening when no one's around and all the staff have left.

For now...I find a place...to sing.

I wandered around the practice room level freely since no trainees nor artists were around, at all. It was peacefully quiet. I could use any of these practice rooms, really, have a whole, big room, all to myself for these two months. All to myself.

I rounded the corner to where the recording rooms were- I wanted to hear myself sing, sing as Han Rika for once, and not have my voice labelled under Han Hyorin's. I entered the first room, the one Seventeen always uses, and stepped in gingerly although there really wasn't a need to try and stay invisible now that no one was around.

Setting up the recording devices, I stepped into the room separated by glass and started humming a random song that came to my head. Slowly I developed a chorus for my song, and repeating the base rhythm by humming it, I manipulated the equipment to start an acoustic sounding drum beat. The guitar next to me was left in the room, and I added chords to the repeating chorus I was humming. A rush of exhilaration was running through me...I was creating my own song, from my heart. For once I was letting all these feelings free...exploding out of me.

This is heaven.

This is..what it is like to live.

Suddenly the door swung open with a loud noise and I dropped the guitar out of shock, since I wasn't at all expecting anyone to come into the room.

I turned my head over and saw the boy who cornered me in the storeroom the other day. The one who claimed he was from Bangtan boys..Jeon..Junng...Guk? Gook? Kook? Jeon Jung Kook . That's the one.

Behind him were several other boys staring at me wide eyed just as I stared back at them stunned. They were all dressed casually and comfortably, mostly in blacks and greys.

For a few breaths no one speaks nor makes a move, and we all stare back at each other in the silent recording room, except for the sound of eight people breathing. As much as I didn't expect them, they probably didn't expect some ragged girl to be in a recording room.

The air thins out, and I watch as the black haired boy I knew as Jungkook focuses his eyes to reality and registers my presence.

He lifts his arms slowly and stares at me with a bewildered gaze.

"You! You said you weren't a trainee!" Jungkook points at me and blurts. I pinch my lips together and curse under my breath quietly.

___________________

"That's all for this chapter :3 I'll be back tomorrow!

~RinaYumi

Please comment and vote- I really really appreciate all you readers!"