57: True or Not?

Rika's POV

"February 2001. Whole family picnic by the seaside. Appa playfully pushed eomma into the water and I was so angry, but then our little precious babies laughed at eomma, and we all ended up laughing on the shores, watching the sun set. Eomma wishes that Eomma, Appa, Rika, and Jungkook will be happy together, forever." 

What the...

No way.. Jungkook. Jeon..Jungkook? 

Eomma, is the brother you wanted me to find the Jeon Jungkook who has been beside me this whole time? Bangtan Sonyeondan's golden maknae, Jeon Jungkook? I know there are a million Jeon Jungkooks in Korea, but I've seen Jungkook's photos of him when he was younger. I know.

For the first time in a week, I jumped out of my bed with more motivation than ever and swung the door open, dashing out into the corridors.

Perhaps I wasn't all that alone after all.

Jungkook-ah, please please please let my wishes be true. Please tell me I still have another relative alive in this world, someone who would care about me. I was so scared to be all alone, all alone ever since eomma left this world.

I really hope-

"Ah!" I exclaimed as I bumped into something and fell back down on the floor. 

Looking up, I saw Jimin walking with Seungkwan and Seokmin.

_________________

"Rika?!" Seungkwan exclaimed, "What are you doing out here? You haven't stepped out of your room in ages, what's going on?"

"Seungkwan, Seokmin?" I looked at them surprised, "What are you doing at Bighit?"

"Rika-yah," Jimin smiled sadly, "You haven't heard from anyone yet? Han sajang was arrested for some reason not known to the public and Pledis entertainment was gone."

"W-what?" I gasped. Eomma did mention that my father and Hyorin and his wife wouldn't be bothering me any longer, but...to this extent? Just what happened in this week I was out?

"Jinja, Rika. It's true," Seokmin looked at me glumly. 

"What's going to happen to Seventeen now?" I asked worriedly. I felt so selfish suddenly for staying out of everything since eomma died. Everything has been happening too quickly and everyone was struggling, and yet I was hiding away and refusing to face reality. 

"Kwenchana," Jimin gently smiled, "Bang-sajang is actually thinking of promoting Seventeen under Bighit. That's why they've all moved into our dorms now." 

"Oh...That's lucky...Ah!" It almost slipped my mind why I was rushing out of my room, "Jiminie, where is Jungkook?"

"Jungkook? Umm..."

"Jimin-ah," I stepped closer and whispered to the three of them, because even myself was unconvinced and unsure, "I think Jungkook is my brother. My actual brother."

"BWOH?!" Jimin yelled loudly and looked at me like I was crazy.

"Uh...Rika," Seokmin looked at me concernedly, "I understand you're devastated over your eomma's de... Ah sh*t." He looked away quickly as Seungkwan slapped his hand over Seokmin's mouth.