29: Seventeen Dwarfs

The moment Jun pulled away from the kiss and Rika could see his whole face again, her cheeks grew even hotter and she looked away, down, and anywhere but his face. 

Jun was also blushing terribly red, but a feeling of worry and guilt slipped into him. 

The girl had just been kissed by another guy against her will in a situation as traumatic as the one she'd been in last night, and yet, here he was, kissing her without permission again? 

"Rika, I- I'm sorry- I, I shouldn't have..." he stumbled across his words now, unsure of himself. 

"But I...I kissed you back," she spoke incredulously, blushing when she heard the words coming out of her own mouth. 

At this point Rika had also grown shocked of her own boldness.

Thankfully it was at this point that the boys of Seventeen decided to slide the door open, and they flooded in one by one. The moment was broken and Jun pushed back his chair and stood up, greeting his members.

"You asked all of them to come?" she whispered to Jun.

"I didn't," Jun smiled.

"All of us wanted to come" Seungcheol grins, and Mingyu steps forward with several bags of food. 

"But...how...?" Rika asked, wondering why they would visit her, a stranger, especially since more than half of them had never even talked to her before. Besides Mingyu, Woozi, and Joshua, of course. But even then, they didn't have a need to visit her at all.

"Oh we all know you well enough" Mingyu crinkled his nose at her cutely as he brought a plastic bag of food over to her bedside and settled in the chair Jun had sat in before. 

"Mingyu," she breathed, greeting the boy, remembering how he had asked for her to just call his name. Rika was still flustered from the moment with Jun, but her hand flew up, patting down her probably-messy hair and tucking it behind her ears. This boy was, after all, the one she had always watched from her side of the mirror, and the first boy she had ever taken a slight interest of her whole adolescence. 

"Don't worry, you look beautiful enough," Mingyu looked up from fiddling with the food box and smiled handsomely, his canines showing and his eyes shaping into perfect almonds. He passed her the bowl of jajjangmyeon, then split the chopsticks and ran it together to remove the splinters before stretching his hands out to give it to Rika cheerfully. He was so caring, Rika thought, even from the time he saved her from the sleazy man at the pub. Tackling the food at once, Rika smiled at Mingyu. Coming as a shock to her, Mingyu had lifted his hands to her hair and was combing through the brown strands gently with his fingers, and then he started to braid it neatly to the side. She looked at him, but he only grinned then turned away to the other packets of food. 

Rika felt a flutter in her stomach from the words he said and the sudden care and gentleness he was showing to her, but then she felt a pair of eyes staring at her. Rika turned her eyes to look at Jun as an incomprehensible feeling of guilt slid into her, but he was no longer looking her way, instead chatting to Minghao. 

Did one kiss make them anything? Yes, she felt something, that's for sure. Something beautiful and fragile, but maybe it didn't mean anything to Jun. Maybe it was just an act of the moment, something he would look away and forget by the next week. Rika shook her head and brushed the thought away.