Chapter One

Katrina:

Jotunhiem

The land of the Frost Giants. The land where no-one wants to go or be. A place that many fear of. A place of suffering.

But then there's just me.

The Chosen One.

The One with the Gift.

The one that Laufey had his eye on. The one with the body heat to withstand the cold frost.

I am the one that he wants.

Nobody ever asked my opinion but I don't exactly want to be here. I feel like a child in this barren wasteland. Nothing but a pet for the monsters who roam this realm.

The monsters known as the Jotuns.

"Laufey had a little lamb, little lamb, little lamb. Laufey had a little lamb whose hatred for him grows and everywhere that Laufey went the lamb would surely- There's not a word to describe the hatred I have for you," I tell the blue giant standing before me as I see him smirk at my words.

"And for the record, I still think you are an oversized blue smurf," I then notice  that his smirk was replaced with a scowl.

In slight anger and annoyance, he tugs on my chains which are attached painfully to my wrists and ankles.

"And just for you to know, my dearest Katrina, you are an undersized kitty," he snarls back with sarcasm yet a deep hidden meaning behind his words.

Was that an insult to me? Or was it his sass?

Okay, alright, I admit my way of language isn't of these realms. You see I come from a realm known as Vanaheim. I was taken by the frost giants a year ago because of what I was and I was taken away from my family.

The family who was cursed.

Well, I was cursed.

Born with the curse.

But the ways I act and speak are due to the Midgardian novels I used to read. They always seemed to fascinate me. The mortals were a fascinating bunch of characters.

As a child, I used to explore my families library. Each book I read varied from the different realms within the galaxy. I especially loved the Midgardian novels as the mortals, the humans, showed to have had extensive knowledge about the galaxies around them, we were of myth and legend to them. And most of all, I loved their imagination.

"Was that an insult or was it the wind howling?" I ask sarcastically, not facing Laufey but instead looking around and holding my hand to my ear. He shakes his head and yanks the chains back sending me to the floor beside his feet.

Ew, feet...

"That's where you belong, right beneath me," He informs me.

I growl and I can feel my body temperature rising. My eye's must have been changing from the dark green to a lighter green and my senses were hightening.

"Now, now, Katrina," Laufey begins to taunt as my eyes glow.

"You don't want to start something you can't finish now, can you?" He finishes.

I snarl at Laufey and I was about to reply when a load of guards came and ran towards us both. They look slightly scared, with both their King and the "King's Pet" both at each others throats.

I was about to bear my fangs and argue more with Laufey and the guards all knew how this ended and something was going to get smashed.

"What do you both want? Can't you see that I am currently busy?" Laufey asks furiously.