Chapter Thirty-Two: Return of the Queen

Katrina:

"So you're telling me that my father, Richen Mariana, King of Vanaheim has been alive all these years and you haven't told me?" I question slowly starting across at Petrye, anger building up in my body. Petrye gulps and nods his head very slowly.

"Yes... my... my.. my Queen," he answers, his voice shaking from nerves. 

This situation could go one of two ways. One, he could be given the death penalty for all his crimes against the crown and Vanaheim, or two, I could listen to him, believe him and believe in the chance that my father is still alive although I was told both of my parents were dead by Laufey. I watched my mother die, that much I now remember due to gaining someone of my memories that had been taken away from me when I was escaping Vanaheim. But for my father, I do not remember seeing him die, in fact, all that I remember is that he told me to follow him but that soon ended as I went to find my mother.

"I could kill you for treason you know, I could rip your throat out," I spit bitterly choking back my tears. I look back at him and scowl. 

"You've lied to me on countless times, I trusted you back on Midgard, I loved you even... but it was a trick, nothing more than the simple words manipulation and lies you fed me to keep me loyal, to make sure I wouldn't stray... that I wouldn't remember the man I loved," I snarl. I walk closer to his cell and place my hand up against the invisible barrier.

"How many more lies should I believe?" I ask him shrugging my shoulders. 

"Please... my Queen, you have to believe me," Petrye begs. He places his hand on the other side of the barrier making our hands link through. I shrug my shoulders and step away, taking my hand away from his. 

"My childhood best friend," I whisper and continue to walk back. I look at the floor and turn my head away from him. I sigh for a moment and let everything sink in again, twiddling with my wedding ring.  

"Now the real question is... should I believe you?" I ask him biting my lip thinking over my decisions. I notice sweat appear on Petrye's brow and start to drip slowly down his reddened face.

"YES!" Petrye shouts hitting the barrier making it light up. I raise my brow at his actions and he stops for a moment and thinks about what he is doing before dropping his head to the ground and repeating.

"Yes, my Queen, you should," his voice sounds more respectful but he still sounds a little frightened. I walk backwards and forth debating on whether I should listen to him.

"You do realise that my trust in you is fading every moment? You do realise that I don't know if I can believe you anymore, Petrye. You've done so much to hurt me... to hurt my family... I don't know what's real anymore..." I say looking into his eyes. I shake my head and feel a couple tears roll down my face. 

"Katrina... I would never hurt you. I know in the past, I have hurt you... but that wasn't me... Please, you've got to believe me..." Petrye says sadly and I notice a couple of tears roll down his face. 

"What do you mean?" I quickly ask. Petrye looks up at me with hope in his eyes. 

"What I mean is, is that I was being contr-" Petrye starts to say before he is cut off. 

"My Queen, if you would let me intervene for just one moment," I hear another voice enter the cells. I raise my brows in confusion as I haven't heard this voice before. I turn my head and see a tall well-built man with dark blonde hair and what looks to be sugar grey eyes walk down the corridor to meet me, Killian, Will, and Petrye. Following the first man is another man with light blonde hair and the same colour eyes as the first. The second is a little shorter but still has a similar build.