Chapter Thirty-Five: Inevitable

*Katrina*

The criticisms were all I heard as my head once again got smashed into the cold metallic floor beneath my body, my skull smacking against the surface created a clashing echo that emitted throughout the entire room.

Pain, what was pain again?

I couldn't register the burning sensation at the back of my skull or that my neck ached immensely.

I couldn't feel it.

I couldn't feel the burning in my muscles. 

I couldn't feel the emotional turmoil that was building up inside of me and ready to explode.

Pain was so unfamiliar...

This was his gift to me during my training, I could not feel the pain that was inflicted upon my body until after the session had ended.

A clear vile of serum was injected into my neck before each session which would prevent my nervous system from registering pain, but it would eventually wear off throughout the time I trained until there was none left running around my bloodstream.

He said it gave me an incentive not to loose because I would only fear the pain I would experience afterwards.

And it always hurt.

And I did fear it...

"I thought I trained you better than this!" the voice that haunted my everyday life for the past near year spat in disappointment.

There's always disappointment...

Not even seconds later, I feel my long dark hair being yanked back as I am hauled back onto my feet, there was nothing cat-like with me at this given moment, nor given time.

This was what was like for me, I was never good enough for him... For the man who claimed to care for me, for my wellbeing. 

He was the Devil and I was under his control.

"Have you learned nothing?!" the voice questions with disapproval.

He released my hair as I look up at him with a cold glare, sweat dripping down my forehead.

I hate this man with a passion, more than I hated Laufey and the Hooded Figure who had sent me here, who had left me here without a second thought on this clump of rock I now inhabited for it wasn't home to me. 

He showed me no emotion other than the dark pit of disgust.

No appraisal.

Just the cold and dark.

We were known as his "children" and he hated those that disappointed him.

Although I was lucky...

Every fight one of his particular children lost, he would remove a certain part of their boy getting rid of their "imperfections".

He hated the weak, but he did enjoy the satisfaction of how easily manipulated they could become.

How more susceptible they became to his orders.

I, on the other hand, would get ridiculed and then the pain would arrive. I never listened and always fought which didn't do me any favours.

He didn't need to remove parts of my body for me to suffer, he tortured me enough. 

Even though, I was as he called one of his favourite children, his young Tigress.