Chapter Twenty-Five: Numb

Petyre

I sense that Katrina has awoken from her slumber and snap my fingers and appear in Odin's Vault in the palace. I look around and notice that everything is surrounded by darkness and there is no light at all. I sigh to myself and close my eyes sensing everything around me. I hear small cries and I mutter a spell under my breath so light finally fills the room. There in the corner with her head in her lap and her raven hair surrounding her is Katrina. I slowly approach her with care, I do not need to frighten her. 

"Katrina?" I ask slowly, I watch as her shoulders move in the same motion as her shaking, crying body. She does not move at all or even responds to my call so I continue to walk towards her. I notice as I get closer, a purple mist surrounding her body, raining down and seeping into the floor. 

"Katrina?" I gently place my hand on her shoulder. She snaps out of her state and I am sent flying back into the air and I land on the ground with a thud. I hiss out in pain as I land on my back. I carefully lift my head up and groan in pain but I manage to see Katrina standing across the room from me in a fighting stance. I notice that her irises are the lighter shade of green and she hisses at me.

"What did you do to me?" she asks snarling and stalking towards me. I stare at her in shock as I see purple veins traveling up her face. She hisses and growls as she gets closer to me. I shake my head not understanding what she means. 

"I haven't done anything to you Katrina," I state honestly. Besides from stabbing her and then well... killing her I haven't hurt her at all. I have not done anything to her. She shakes her head and snarls louder at me, her tigress roar seeping through her voice like water. 

"LIAR! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!" She shouts angrily running towards me, picking me up by the collar and holding me in the air so that my feet are dangling. I stare into her eyes and see that they are predatorial. She snarls and growls bringing me closer to her face.

"You've done something, I know you have. Ever since I have woken up, I have felt dark, I haven't felt like myself and it feels like there is another entity in my head," she cries out.

"Oh... The dark energy..." I mutter under my breath. I feel a hand around my throat and I look to are Katrina growling at me with her fangs bearing.

"What dark energy?!" she screams growling at me clutching my throat tighter. I sigh and smile at her. 

"You really don't remember do you?" I ask her. She raises a brow and I smirk chuckling. 

Five years ago: 

I stare out into the royal palace gardens and watch as the wind blows the trees softly from side to side. I smile and watch as I notice the Princess run out of the main palace doors and run into the overgrown maze. It closes as she enters sealing everyone from the outside world out. I stop staring at the flowers and rush after the Princess and follow her into the maze casting an enchantment which grants me access to her secret hideout. 

I hear muffled cries as delve deeper and deeper into the maze. I turn around a corner and suddenly my arms start to feel cold. I notice my hairs standing on end but never less I continue to wander. There sat on the floor with ice surrounding her is the Princess, snowflakes are scattering around her body and her once emerald dress fades to blue. 

"Princess?" I ask hesitantly and walk towards her slowly. Suddenly shards of ice fly my way and I hold my hands up using my magic as a shield and watch as the shards snap and break flying at me. 

"GO AWAY!" she shouts looking up at me, her eyes are a lighter shade of green and are all puffy and red. She presses her head back into her lap and she continues to cry.