Chapter Thirty-Six: Balanced as all things should

*Katrina*

As swords clashed against one another, I sat next to the stone throne patiently, dreading the result of the fight.

I hoped one of them won over the other and no it wasn't down to favouritism at all, I just didn't want the same person to lose again.

I don't think I could handle another defeat on their behalf and neither could their opponent.  

"I can tell you already know the outcome of this fight," a dark voice calls from beside me.

I don't turn my head to look at them as I reply, my sole focus was on the opponents battling one another.

They loved the chaos each fight brought. 

They practically lived off of the defeat of the loser of the battle and relished with a sick sense of pride as they continued to perfect who he considered being imperfect. 

"The fight between these two is always unfair. You favour one more than the other and the loser must always suffer the consequences of failure," I point out as the younger of the two loses her footing as the older sister kicks her in the chest.

"However, as it is always the same one who loses, I shall never know whether you would deliver the same treatment to the other," I further comment as I turn my head to see him roll his eyes. 

"It is the lesson that they must learn. One must always be prepared for failure and the consequences of losing," he states as I shake my head disagreeing with him. 

"Do you think that you will lose?" I ask him finally turning my attention towards him. He chuckles shaking his head. 

"The final question, the final battle you set upon this universe... Will you lose everything?" I ask him as he continues to laugh at my questions. 

"I have come too far to accept failure," he states as I scoff. 

"You'll lose in the end, there will always be someone to stop you," I mutter under my breath as I continue to watch the fight play out before my eyes. 

The younger sister sends several blows at the older sister's stomach, each hitting perfectly yet the older sister's stance never faltered, she still fought on like a true warrior.

"Why those two? Why is it always them?" I question as I watch both of the women fight. 

He never chose me to fight either of the two women, I knew the underlying reason why. I still wanted the younger sister to have a chance at winning though, she never won. 

But she needed to win.

She had no choice but to strive for perfection, this was the game he played with her. 

He played a different game with each of us. 

Me, it was mental torture, he was slowly wanting me to break until he was successful. He wanted me to submit, to become truly his, someone that he could own and control. The perfect little follower. 

The younger sister, he wanted nothing more than to rebuild her. To make her the perfect warrior, to genetically modify her to be our older sister's equal. 

Whereas the older sister, although she didn't seem to be taunted by his many games she still suffered. She had to live with what he did to the younger sister, what he did to me... and there was nothing she could do about it. Nothing but watch the horror unfold in front of her very eyes.