Chapter Fifteen: Feelings of loss and confusion

Katrina:

I sat on the floor beside the fireplace in my room. I haven't been outside of my room within the past few days. I know that Loki doesn't agree with me being a rebellious little cub, but he has to deal with it. 

I hate him for his newly found arrogance. Being on the throne has changed him and I am not sure how it will end. Not now... Not ever. 

Yes, I admit, I do care about the oaf but I cannot deny that he has changed. There has to be something that can change him. I want to change him, I want the old, kind, gentle Loki back, not some hard-headed jock from a mortal school who thinks he's the King of the Playground's Slide.

"I just don't know what to do, I just cannot sit here and let him turn into this. He is blinded by power!" I exclaim and see my mother smile at me. 

She sits next to me and looks to be thinking. 

She then turns to me and says.

"Why don't you explain to him how you feel? What harm could that do?" She asks me. I then shake my head.

"I don't think that it is the best idea. I mean, I did shout at him and he has changed. I cannot love a man who doesn't know who he really is." I tell her. She sighs and then looks towards the door and says.

"It's now or never." She tells me and then I heard someone walking down the hall. I then sigh and wait for the figure to enter my room. 

The door opens and reveals a rather proud looking Loki. He doesn't have his full armour on and for that I am grateful. I don't look up at him but instead, keep my head to the ground. He walks into the room with plenty of pride in his steps.  

"You haven't been out of your room in three days now Katrina and the food I have sent you, you haven't touched," Loki said. He stood in front of me and looked down at me.

"And your point is?" I ask him. He frowns and then lets out an almost silent sigh. He then leans facing forward inward into the fireplace with his hands on the mantle place and his back facing me.

"You cannot defy me, Katrina, I am your king and you better remember that." He tells me. I shake my head and let out a small growl that I don't think he could hear.

"You are not my king. Odin is. You will never be my king." I inform him. It is his turn to let out a small growl but I could hear the anger and frustration in his tone.

"I am fed up of you being defiant towards me." He says and then turns and faces me. He brings his hand up and I slowly start to float in the air. I try to move but Loki has his magic wrapped around my body.

"You are slowly getting too much to handle and I would hate for the guards to take you to the cells." He speaks and I try to move but I am held back. I feel my eyes turn a brighter green. I am going to lose it. I close my eyes tight and take deep breaths.

"Don't close your eyes on me, Katrina." He spits. I immediately flash my eyes open and Loki's magic is broken by my own and I jump to the floor and rush towards him, I grab him by the throat and then slam him up against the wall.

"What has happened to you?! You have changed Loki! And not for the better!" I exclaim angrily. Loki looks into my eyes and his own go wider but he doesn't seem fazed by this.

"When you bound our souls together, I expected us to be the same. I expected it to mean something!" I shout. A stray tear falls from my eye. Loki looks at it and something seems to snap within him.

"It did... and it always will do." Loki says to me. I shake my head in anger and then stop. What did he say? I look into his eyes. They look at me lovingly. I am lost for words and a few more tears fall from my eyes.