Chapter 7 - Einstein, the parrot

Soon we got another serious murder case to go to which wasn't so lovely to see, as the victim was shot several times and blood was just everywhere.

Although I'm working here for 8 months now I still couldn't get use to see so much blood in one place.

At the place there was also a parrot, talking so loudly that me and German could hear it from the street as we were going in.

- Murderer! Don't come near me!

- What the heck? - I mumbled while we got in.

- He keeps repeating this since we got here - said Captain Johnson.

- Probably what the victim said before his death - mumbled German while walking around in the room, checking everything.

- No clue about breaking in, so the victim knew the killer - added David, one of the detectives that's also working with them.

- Then maybe the parrot knows something! - suddenly both me and German said at the same time.

- But how do you want to get anything out of this bird? - asked one of the officers that was with them too.

- Parrots will eventually speak, if there's anyone to speak to, or if we repeat what it's over could have said to it - German sighed as he walked to the bird which it reacted with a scream, making everyone jump, except German.

- Well... Getting close to it... - I sighed as I knew what he's going to do next.

----- TIME SKIP -----

Yep. We took the parrot home.

- Great. And this thing will talk here all day? - I groaned.

- Talk all day! Talk all day! - it repeated me right away which was actually pretty funny.

- His name's Einstein by the way - said German - And he really seems smart. Somehow we need to get him speak about what he saw.

- Do you hear yourself right now?

- I know. Sounds ridiculous, but we have no choice.

- Seriously...

- Yes. Bear with me, or help me!

- Okay, okay!

- Love her! Love her! - suddenly "Einstein" started speaking again.

I didn't think anything of it as this is not helpful, but German got a little nervous for some reason.

- Goddamnit, just help us out! - he groaned as he walked to the kitchen.

German's POV:

This is exactly why I hate parrots!

These idiots repeat anything the hear, but never anything that'd be helpful!

And I almost got caught because of this little shit too.

Ugh!

- What's the plan? - I heard Angie coming to the kitchen after me too.

- I don't know yet... But we can't do anything while he keeps repeating things about his owner's love.

Yep. Owner's love.

You dumbass.

But luckily she isn't smart enough, or know me enough to realize... Things...