Chapter 10 - Jeremias

Angie's POV:

I had a book to read while I'm waiting, but I suddenly heard the door of the main room slam wide open and German stormed out of the room, with another man close behind him.

- German! - I gasped, jumping up from where I was sitting.

- Come on, Angie! We're going! - he said as he grabbed my hand.

- Hey! Are you seriously just leaving like that?! - snapped the other man.

- What the hell is going on?! - now I snapped as I pulled my hand away from German's.

- Someone's being afraid of his brother - said the unknown man.

- I'm not scared of you, Jeremias!

- What?! Brother?!

- Yes - said the man that German called "Jeremias" - I'm his twin brother, Jeremias Castillo.

I was in such a deep shock that I couldn't even answer him, but just nod awkwardly as he kissed my hand.

He seemed to be a gentleman too so it was pretty fine.

- Uhh... I'm Angie... - I muttered awkwardly.

- Nice to meet you, Angie - he smiled.

- We're going! - said German as he pulled me with him and we simply left Jeremias there.

----- TIME SKIP -----

- What was that all about? - I asked when we finally arrived back home - And why didn't you tell me about your brother??

- He's not my brother!

He then sighed deeply.

- He didn't give a shit when I had my problems... Why should I care about him now? - he added, on a calmer tone now.

- First of all... You can tell me what happened... Between the two of you... - I replied to him - Tell me your story... Okay?

He looked at me and his eyes were filled with hatred and frustration as I asked him to tell me their story, but he did it.

- He sent me away to the farest hospital back then. He made sure I won't be on his way and while he got successful... I'm here...

- But you're clear and successful too! - I said immediately.

- What are you talking about?

- You're working for the police and amazingly always find the killers, or whoever we're looking for and always get into the news as the greatest detective...

- I'm not even a detective.

- That doesn't matter! You're an amazing person and this is what matters!

German again grew quiet for some seconds before simply taking my hand and kissing it.

- This is why I'm so grateful to have you by my side - he mumbled really quietly as he was probably embarrassed by saying that.

But to me it was really great and heart warming to hear from him as he usually doesn't really care about anyone at all.

So hearing him talking like this and being embarrassed by saying something so nice like that makes me so happy.