Chapter 21 - Party

A few days later everything finally went back to normal.

I felt way better so I was also doing my things with way more joy than I did.

And this is all thanks to the Studio...

And German...

I can't believe he actually wanted to help to make me feel better and... Make me happy!

He's such an amazing person...

And I'm so glad I get to work with him every day...

----- TIME SKIP -----

We got another case and weirdly enough the Captain decided to send me and German into a party together to spy on the suspect.

- Wait, what?! - I gasped - As a couple?!

- You heard me well - he nodded.

I was nearly panicking, but German was just standing there, not saying a damn word.

- German!! - I snapped.

- What? - he asked back.

- You have nothing to say about this? - I asked him, getting a little frustrated.

- We need to catch this person.

- Wha...

- Do you have any problem with doing this?

- Erm...

Actually... I wasn't having any problem.

But it's still a little weird.

- I take the silent as a no - German continued while looking at the capt - We're gonna do it.

- Good! - he cheered - You'll be fine as always!

"As always".

Yeah.

Anyway...

As we finished discussing this new case me and German went home to talk about our "story" for this.

- But isn't this dangerous? - I asked him - I mean... We have been in the news not one time and...

- Not with these people - he cut me off - They came from France only today to have business here and they don't know anything about us at all.

- Are you sure?

- Yes - he nodded and now he looked into my eyes while he added - Trust me, okay?

I just nodded hesitantly as we continued talking about the whole "mission".

----- TIME SKIP -----

It was time for us to actually go to this party, where we had to keep an eye on these people and by now I wasn't nervous about this at all.

As at some point we began to talk to them, finding more things out when one man and his partner, a young, blond woman said...

- Let's go to the dance floor! - said the woman excitedly, pulling her partner with her.

- Okay, okay - he laughed.

- Yes! - cheered another woman, pulling her own partner there - You two come too!

This was for us.

I looked at German while he looked back at me and after giving each other a soft nod then he held his hand out.

I took his hand as we went out to the dance floor together and the whole time I could feel those men eyes that didn't have partners for the party, but were in the same group as we were, looking at us curiously.

- Why the hell are they looking at us like that? - I whispered to German.

- Stay calm - he replied - They seem to be suspicious, but if we keep up they'll eventually calm down.

I just nodded as we continued dancing until another moment when suddenly two dealers that we knew rushed in, shouting:

- Those two are cops! - they shouted while pointing at us.

Everyone at the party didn't know anything about us and looked weirdly at these dealers and us, but those two were desperately wanted to kill us.

The guests started to get suspicious too which suddenly made German do something I wasn't expecting him to do, even in an emergency situation.

He suddenly kissed me right on the lips...