Chapter 45 - Just another improvised kiss

German closed himself away from mostly everyone, except Kitty as he was living with her so I made sure to make her call me and tell me how's he doing.

He seemed most likely fine so I was relieved.

Luckily we soon got another case which caused German to get out of his house and get in contact with the police and me.

As we were investigating and at some point I decided to talk to German...

- Are you okay? - I asked him.

No response.

- German...

- Huh? What is it? - he finally looked at me.

- Are you feeling alright?

- Yes, yes... Just...

- Just?

He now turned to me.

- I just feel... So annoyed...

- About that asshole?

- Yes...

- Fuck that! He has no right to say anything about you! - I snapped - You know you're amazing just the way you are! You don't need to change to be better!

German looked shocked at me, but soon he began to smile.

Although he didn't say anything... His face said it all once again so I didn't need any word to understand him.

----- TIME SKIP -----

Again we got to a really weird situation, but this time we both were well known for these people.

German kept on trying to get them to admit their crimes, but at some point they got really mad...

- German, enough... - I whispered - They're getting really angry now...

- Listen to your girlfriend - hissed one of the men.

- She's not my girlfriend... - German replied - Or is she?

The men looked confused at first and so did I.

But then German suddenly kissed me out of nowhere, making me completely shocked and having no idea what the heck am I supposed to do.

This once again saved our lives...

----- TIME SKIP -----

- A kiss? Again? - I asked - Don't you think this is...

- This is what? Awkward? - he asked back.

- Uhh... I wouldn't say awkward...

- This was nothing! Okay? - he said frustratedly which clearly showed me it wasn't nothing for him, but I knew he wouldn't admit it.

So instead...

- Fine then - I shrugged - As you say, but if you don't need me any longer here then I must go!

He just nodded.

I went to walk past him, but before that I stopped, kissed him real quick then left before he realizes what just happened.

German's POV:

Is she seriously doing this to me?

She just kissed me before leaving!

I mean... Not like if I wouldn't like it, but...

This is just weird...

Or am I weird?

I mean... I kissed her twice already so... I'm definitely the one that's pushing everything while she's just playing around.

Either way... This is why I love to work with her...