Chapter 71 - The grave

German's POV:

After we made sure everything's done on the station the girls and I headed home, but half way I decided to leave them...

- Huh? Where are you going? - Angie asked in confusion.

- I have some business to take care about - I replied awkwardly.

They hesitantly, but let me leave.

----- TIME SKIP ----

You might think I'm weird to visit my fianee's ex-boyfriend's grave, but I did.

I felt like I need to... Talk to him and tell him that I'll be a good husband for Angie... As I know he loved her more than anything...

As I arrived I quickly found the grave I was looking for:

Pablo Galindo

I sighed.

Poor guy...

He shouldn't have died that day.

But...

If he wouldn't have died... Me and Angie wouldn't even be together.

Anyway...

I sat down to the ground, in front of the grave.

- Hello, Pablo... Long time no see... - I sighed deeply - I know, I know... It feels weird for me to be here too as I've never actually believed in... Ghosts... Talking to ghosts... But here I am...

I paused for some seconds, to think what should I say and when I knew I continued:

- You know why I'm here... Because of Angie... - I continued speaking - I love her, Pablo... I loved her since the first moment I saw her... And I'll love her for the rest of my life... I know... That you loved her too... And this is why I'm here... To tell you that I love her and I'll make her happy... I want you to know... That I will protect her forever... I want you to know that I'm not gonna leave her... Or make her sad anymore...

I paused again.

- You can trust me... I'll protect her...

Then after putting the flower I got into the vase I left.

I guess I've said enough to make both him and myself feel less worried and more happy.

Now it's time to focus on the wedding....