Chapter 47 - Another kiss?

As the time was passing by I started to realize German was using this poor girl Kitty to do all his little businesses, not letting her any free time.

I remember him doing the same to me back then, but he never actually did it this much...

At some point I decided to call him to my apartment to have a little talk with him about this, but what I suspected just had to happen...

- I don't know what are you talking about - he said right away - You did the same things for me back then too.

- Yes, but... You're not letting her live her own life! - I snapped - Someone like her needs time to herself... And you know...

- Of course! Because you know everything about her, right?! More than I do! - he snapped back then after a deep breath he sat down in front of me.

- Calm down, German! I'm just trying to help!

He sighed a few times then looked at me directly in the eyes...

- You know... I'm glad you're in her life too... This is like raising a child... She needs you as a child needs it's mother and...

- Hold on! - I cut him off - First of all I'm not her mother and we're not married! All I'm saying is that she needs free time to get better and...

But at this point he began to ignore me as he got a text and he left.

Like... What the hell?!

Sometimes he can be such a jerk...

----- TIME SKIP -----

Some time later we were having just another case which was linked to this journalist Selvaggia Lucarelli.

For some reason I had a weird feeling her and German know each other already, but they seemed to hide it.

- I have no idea how did this happen - she groaned as she was walking around in the room - This guy for working for me for years! He could've killed me too!

She found one of her co-worker dead in the studio when she came in in the morning and it came out that the guy was some type of terrorist.

- But he didn't - German replied - And I doubt he'd have done that anyway.

- Oh really?!

- Yes.

----- TIME SKIP -----

German's POV:

- Are you sure you wasn't the one actually killing this guy? - I asked Selvaggia once when we were alone.

- Of course I wasn't! - she replied - Do you really think I'd do that without a reason?!

- I know you wouldn't. Did you have any reason for that?!

- No!

- Good... Then what now?

- I don't know...

- Do you think he was here to do something to you?

- I doubt that. But German...

- What?

- This is not a good place to talk this openly about this...

- You started with calling us here!

- You fucking idiot!

- What the hell is going on?! - we suddenly heard Angie's voice from somewhere nearby which Selvaggia simply reacted to with kissing me, making me freeze completely.