Chapter 24 - Jeremias: Part 3

The next day evening I headed off to the restaurant and I met Jeremias right away...

- Give me 10 minutes to get myself together - he said - I've been working till now and I look like crap!

- Nah, you look fine! - I laughed.

- I still need to get myself together so I'll be bacl shortly! - he said and after giving me a kiss he quickly ran upstairs, where his apartment was.

In the meantime I sat down to a table and I couldn't help noticing a man that was also there every time I was around here.

It might be just being paranoid all the time, but he seemed suspicious to me, even if I wasn't staring at him.

I decided to not to stare, but I quickly made a photo of the man so I can check who he actually is and just as I was finished Jeremias came back and our date started.

----- TIME SKIP -----

- Somehow every time... You're near German I feel like... I feel like you have something more to hide - I said at some point when German was in our conversation.

- Do you believe him? - Jeremias asked.

- I didn't say that. But...

- But?

- But I can see there is something that you're hiding from both me and German.

Jeremias stared at me for a while, then sighed deeply.

- I didn't want to talk about this... Because that few years were hell...

I was confused and seeing this he continued talking:

- I had cancer, Angie...

I gasped this time.

- I had to go through horrible treatments... I didn't want to see anything, or anyone... I wanted to be alone...

- Jeremias...

- Yes, I lied to German.

- You could tell him...

- Why? So then he can feel sorry for me, or look at me worse than he already does?

- No... I'm sorry, I... I wasn't expecting that at all... I... I'm sorry...

- It's okay - he smiled - You didn't know...

- No... But I'm glad you told me - I smiled back then took a hold of his hand, squeezing it tightly.

----- TIME SKIP -----

German's POV:

2am and she's still not home.

He got her.

I told her to not to go, but she did anyway.

Why do I even care?

It's her life after all!

But I know Jeremias is dangerous and she shouldn't be around him ever.

Nobody should be around him.

Luckily I had an old case to work on so I got myself busy while Angie was away.

Luckily for Jeremias she arrived back home not long after 2am which made me calm down a bit, but still not fully.

- Had a great sex? - I asked her sarcastically.

- Yes... I mean no! Nothing like that happened! - she groaned at me - We had a great time, but nothing like that happened...

- But he kissed you, right?

At this point she began to blush, although she tried to hide it and simply went to her room, not saying anything about this anymore.

He really did it...