Prologue: First Sight

You sulked in the line, the quarter in your pocket. Finally, the door opened and another person stepped into the box.

Wow, you thought. How long does it take to use a stupid suicide booth?! You waited annoyedly in line for your chance to die. God, how long had you been waiting for this?

Out of nowhere, a drunk looking robot made its way past you. He stopped next to you and looked at you.

"Eh, it ain't worth it. Trust me, it ain't worth your money's worth." He slurred.
"How would you know? Plus, it is my own decision!" You said, slightly annoyed.
"Just trust me. You don't wanna know what goes on in there. Plus, you don't deserve such a fate. Pick something better. I'm Bender, by the way." he replied.

You stood there, stunned that someone was standing up for your life, a stupid neko's life. "I'm (Y/N). Nice to meet you Bender."

He shrugged. You were next. You were about to go in the booth when he muttered, "You never do listen," and looked at the slot where you insert the quarter. He then bended the the opening so there was no way to insert the quarter. The suicide booth was out of service.

"What did you do that for?!" You yelled angrily.

"You'll thank me later, (Y/N)." he said, and left you standing there.

He saved your life.