Chapter 17: Bonding

"Okay, my turn to ask a question." Bender proclaimed royally. He said this after you had finished your food, which had been delicious, needless to say.

"Shoot away." You said calmly.

"Remember when I first figured out you were a human?" Bender started, his hands fidgeting. You ears perked and you nodded for him to continue. "And you said that you could've left the first day but you didn't because you were scared?"

"Yeah...so what?" You tried to make it seem so you were uninterested so he wouldn't ask the question. Of course he asked the question anyway.

"Uh, what were you, uh scared of?" Bender hesitantly looked up at you, waiting for an answer.

You mentally shot yourself.

"You're not going to like the answer." You told him honestly.

"Oh c'mon it cannot be that bad!" He pushed her.

"Okay okay. So...you know how your species was created by humans?" You began.

"Yeah?"

"And...that humans used you only for the purpose of making their lives easier?"

"Yeah?"

"And they did horrible things to you robots?"

He sighed. "Yeah?"

"And no one really knew about it?"

Bender was starting to get impatient. "What's your point?" he said, with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

"Well, there's no easy way to put this but...your species were kind of like the humans and our species were kind of like the robots."

Bender's eyes widened. "Wait, we did all that horrible stuff to you guys?"

"Yeah..." Your voice threatened to crack, so you took a good swig of your drink before continuing. "And, like most people don't know what humans do robots, even less people know what robots did to nekos."

"Hate to be rude, but why 'did'?" Bender inquired.

"My...my species is pretty much exterminated." You said, your voice getting quiet at the end.

You didn't meet Bender's eyes. "I'm sorry (Y/N). I had no idea."
"It's okay, most people don't." You replied sadly.

"God why is this world so twisted!" Bender groaned. "What is wrong with Earth? I never thought that robots would ever do that... Doesn't the League of Robots handle this stuff?!"

"It's fine! Really. I didn't know my parents that well anyway."

Bender looked so sad. "Your parents died?"

You shrugged. "Not to sound careless, but I didn't know them that well anyway. It's no big deal...I guess."

"You know, (Y/N), I realize that we have more in common that I thought we did." At this, he looked up at her, a small, tentative smile making it's way to his circuits.

You smiled back. "Yeah, I suppose we do."