87 - Color

A/N
Finally updated! I'm only a couple days late for this one. I'm glad we're slowly getting closer to the end — I have so many awesome xReaders planned.

Thanks y'all ❤️❤️

~Rosa

******************

Key:
(E/C) - eye color
(F/C) - fur color

******************

YOUR POV

His robotic eyes spilled over with tears so fast that his eye windshield wipers couldn't keep up. You felt your own eyes well up with tears.

"Are you okay Bender? What's wrong?" You asked quickly, completely worried.

"(Y/N)." He said as forcefully as he could manage through his own tears.

"Yes...?" Your voice trailed. Maybe something went really wrong. You started freaking out about what you messed up on, if he was in pain, what was causing this. All of a sudden, he kept talking.

"You're... so... b-beautiful..." He was bawling at this point, his voice wavering all over the place.

He was having a true and honest meltdown. Which had never happened before.

BENDER'S POV

When the update had completed, I opened my eyes and was very disoriented. Everything had... what humans must describe as color. I didn't know what everything was, why certain things were certain colors. Why were the windows one color? Why was the screen darkish?

Then my glance came to (Y/N) and I swear a part of my heart melted.

Her skin was gleaming, her hair was a color that I didn't know the name of, and her eyes were another bright piercing color that made me stand dead in my tracks. I could see the blush in her cheeks, how it was a light, warm color that I didn't know the name of.

It was so overwhelming, not just the color but her sheer beauty that I simply burst into tears.

I know it's unlike me, but I couldn't handle it. It was so much to take in. And so I stood there and cried.

YOUR POV

His eyes were still on you, looking back and forth, trying to comprehend it all.

"I can see... color now..." Bender managed. You were so overcome by shock that you didn't think to hug him or hold his hand. Snapping out of your daze, you took his hand.
"I'm so proud of yo-"
"You're so beautiful. All this time and I..." He choked back a sob. "And I couldn't even see you properly..." his voice cracked as his voice diminished into a whisper.

At this point, you started crying a bit too, because Bender looked so distraught over you and you'd never seen him like this.

One of his robotic hands went up to your face and cradled your cheek, slowly trailing down your face.

"Goddammit," he tried to fight the tears as he wiped them with a hand. You buried him in a hug and he hugged you back tightly, not letting go.

"I... don't know what to say. I've never considered myself beautiful before."
"This is not to say I didn't think you were pretty before," he sniffled, his head still in your shoulder. "But... this is a totally different thing..." he began crying harder again and you couldn't stop your own tears. It was all too much.

"Oh Bender..." your voice cracked as a few sympathy tears escaped.

"I don't ever want to let you go," he whispered, his sobs still wracking through him and shaking him through the hug. You didn't let go, and calmed him down gently. "Shh, Bender, it's okay..." you traced your fingers along his back comfortingly. "I won't let you go. I promise. Shh..."