Chapter 82: Mistletoe

Hey all,

I know no one reads this book anymore XD but here's a SUPER LATE Christmas update!

I've got stuff going on because of the last chapter (cyber cyberbullies suck omg) and it's honestly too much. I want to say a BIG thank you though to everyone who left a comment! It honestly made my day so much

my friend: legit she was crying the entire day

AHEM NO ONE ASKED YOU

my friend: :P

Anyway as you can see, my friend is editing this google doc with me. 

*******

You sat sullenly, despite the fact that Christmas was tomorrow. "Sad" and "Christmas" actually went together surprisingly well. Bender seemed to have been avoiding you. Maybe he took what you said to heart. Maybe you weren't... weren't right for each other...
That thought was almost too hard to bear so you scrunched up your eyes tightly.

The Christmas tree was sitting in the corner of the room. A few days prior, you had placed Bender's gift underneath. But you were sure that he hadn't done the same. Especially with the recent turn of events, he probably wanted nothing to do with you.

You looked outside. It was beginning to grow darker. You could run away again but that would just be stupid. You didn't really know what to do so you just sat there, surrounded by your own thoughts.

You didn't know how long it had been before someone shook you out of your thoughts. It was surprisingly, Bender.

You bolted upright and stood up to face him. Your head began to swim, you had stood up too quickly. You lowered yourself back into your chair with a hand on your forehead. "...yes?" You managed, your eyes closed.
"I wanted to talk to you," Bender said. You couldn't sense what emotion he was talking with and that made you anxious. But why though? You already knew his verdict. A big fat 'no'.

"Hmm? Oh yeah, go ahead," you said groggily, your vision beginning to clear.
"You... okay?"
"Yeah, just got a bit of head rush, that's all..." you answered, looking at him.
"Alright whatever then."
"Did you want to, uh, talk to me about something?" You asked after a moment of silence between the two of you.

"Oh right," he remembered. "I... I thought about what you said."

By this time your eyes were wide open and you were looking at him. You sighed.
"Your verdict?" You whispered.
"As if you had to ask!"

You knew this had been inevitable. He didn't like you. Maybe he did once, but you were just a disaster waiting to happen. He knew that, and didn't want that.

You looked down at the floor.

"I guess I'll just... go then..." you mumbled and began to walk out.
"Where are you going?!" Bender demanded.
"I'm not sure..."
"Wait hold on," he said and grabbed your arm, yanking you back. Your eyes brimmed with tears.
"Why are you leaving?" Bender said, concerned after seeing your tear-filled eyes.

"Because you thought about what I said and decided that I was too big of a threat for the relationship to remain safe!" You blurted.

Bender looked stunned for a moment.

"Really?"

Your heart stopped beating.

"That's what you think?" He seemed sad now. "You think that I'd... I'd come all this way just to ditch you now?"

You felt the tears close to falling, but you held them back.

"After everything- ... I know that I don't actually have a heart, but you think that'd I'd be that heartless?"

Oh and there go the tears. So much for that plan. "I'm sorry I... I didn't..." you stammered and hastily turned away, wiping your eyes with your sleeve.

"And I like danger. A lot, actually." Bender said, getting back to his normal self. "Trouble is my middle name," he pointed to himself grandly.

You couldn't help but laugh a little.

"Plus, do you know how boring it gets around here? It's nice to have something to do for once."
"Says Mr. Lazy Butt," you laughed.
"I'm not lazy! I'm just not, uh... inclined to work!" (OMG ME XD)
"Uh-huh, yeah, sure," you smirked, your tears dry.
"S-shut up!" He huffed, crossing his arms.

You hugged him tightly. "I'm sorry..."
"Don't be! You know my motto - never be sorry. Be more confident about your choices, dang it!" He instructed.
"I'll try," you said honestly, pulling away from the hug.
"Good," Bender folded his arms across his chest again.

"So, what now then?" you asked.
"I'm not sure, but one thing I know for sure: I'm super hungry. Think you can make somethin'?" Bender winked.
"Sure can!" You said, doing a fist pump. Cooking was your specialty.

As you were walking through the door with Bender, you noticed a little green leaf sticking out of the top of the doorframe.
"Hey uh, Bender? I think Planet Express has an ivy problem."
"Hmm?" He turned around.
You retraced your steps and stared at it. "I don't know what it is. It has a few leaves and white things and red berries..." you frowned.
"Wait that better not be what I think it is," Bender stomped over to you and looked up. He facepalmed. "Of course it is..."

"What is it? And why is it above the doorframe?" You asked, having no clue what it was.
"It's mistletoe I think."
"Wow, you really know your plants-"
"No I don't," Bender retorted. "I can't tell a rose from a tulip. I'm not a plant nerd, jeez. Everyone knows what mistletoe is."

"What is it?" You paused before asking.
"You seriously don't know?" He frowned.
"No...?"
"Good well then it doesn't matter anyway because it doesn't apply to me because I'm a robot! Heh-heh-" Bender said awkwardly and ran off.

But not before Fry stepped in his path.

"Where the hell did you come from?!?" Bender said as his friend practically materialized out of thin air.
"We made a bet! You can't get out of the mistletoe bet we made." Fry said smugly.

"The what now?" You frowned.
"Bender, you've gotta do it~~" Fry said in a creepy cheerful voice.
"Screw you," Bender huffed and walked back to you. Out of nowhere he kissed you. Taken aback by his momentum from storming over, you nearly fell over backwards.

Bender, now completely red, stomped back to Fry. "Happy now?"
"Yes, yes I am." Fry put his hands on his hips.
Bender stormed off, his panel still red.
"Fry, what is this mistletoe thing?" You said, blushing ever so slightly.
"You seriously don't know? Huh, weird. It's a tradition during the holiday season. If you walk underneath the mistletoe, no matter who it is, you have to kiss them."
"That would explain a whole lot," you laughed awkwardly.

"Sorry for not telling you about Bender's dare," Fry apologized.
"Nah it's fine, I just didn't know what it was, that's all." You smiled cheerfully.

Bender then called out from the kitchen. "Uh (Y/N)... can you uh... help me make something? I don't think this is edible... well I mean it probably is but I wouldn't be surprised if it killed you..."

Both you and Fry laughed. "Coming!" You said, running over to the kitchen.

Maybe the holidays weren't going to be sad after all.