Chapter 45: Bender's Plan

Once you had rejoined the rest of the Planet Express crew, you received TONS OF HUGS. It was like one of those awkward family reunions. You just went with the flow and tried not to be suffocated by the multitude of hugs.

"I'm fine, really." You reassured them. It was kind of a lie - you were still a bit shaky, but Bender had comforted you pretty well.

"But you seemed so panicky on the phone." Leela reminded you.

"Yeah yeah, but when you're being attacked by robotic lady of the nights, you tend to freak out." You chuckled.

"You're definitely a polite one." Leela rolled her eye.

You frowned.

Turning to Bender, you asked him: "Were you in charge of Calculon or whatever?"

Bender grinned. "Mmm-hmm."

"H...How...?" You said, awestruck.

"Well, here's how it went:" Bender began.

*Bender's Flashback*

"Okay, here's the plan. Professor, you work on whatever you're doing that allows us to switch. If we switch her while she's there, that would buy us some time. Meanwhile, you all have to convince Calculon to come."

"Why Calculon?" Amy asked, asking the question for everyone.

"Because..." Bender looked away for a second as if he was regaining his composure. "Ikindaimpregnatedoneoftheladiesandnowtheywon'tletmebackinthere." he said quickly, sighing once he had finished.

"Why Calculon?" Amy asked again.

"Because," Bender paused for effect, "he will be let in there, no problem. You humans won't be let in there because robots hate humans. So, we need someone who will be let in there. Now, I know Calculon has never set foot inside because he's innocent or whatever, but everyone fantasizes about Calculon, so he will be let in, I know it."

"Y'know, that's the first great idea you've had." Leela commented.

"Shut up babeh I know it!" Bender crossed his arms, grinning.

"It must be (Y/N)'s effects on him." Leela whispered to Amy.

*End of Flashback*

"So I had to run really fast to Calculon's place and convince to come save a girl because it would be good for the press and all that. So he came, saved you, and everything ended well, and I'm the hero!" Bender said triumphantly.

"You're not acting like yourself..." You frowned again.

"I'm absolutely fine!!!" Bender said, grinning.

"No, you're not. Something's really messed up." You said, worried. "Permission to check your circuitry?"

"Surrreeeeeee!!!!" Bender said, practically jumping up and down. He stayed still when you bent down to open his hatch.

You found the circuitry box in the back and and it opened creakily.

Sure enough, something was wrong.