Chapter 80: Reality

You woke up with a start. Your eyes were stained with tears. Bender was dead. All your life, you had never felt more lonely and sad. Your heart throbbed with pain. The person you loved more than anyone in the world was gone, leaving you in this sad world. You began to cry again. Your vision hadn't cleared, and you didn't remember where you were. You were most likely still in the hospital room.

You felt something cold against your hand. It was Bender all right. He was truly dead, wasn't he? The reality of it all sank in to your chest and the weight was unbearable. You wiped away tears.

"(Y/N)?" you heard Fry's voice say. You still couldn't see much - it was just a blurry mess.

"L-leave me a-alon-ne...." you stuttered, your sobs making it hard to speak.

"(Y/N), what's wrong?" Fry asked again. You couldn't see him, but your vision was beginning to clear up a bit.

"I d-don't w-want to t-talk about it...." you moaned, holding your ears.

"Uh, she won't let me talk to her. Do you think you could try?" Fry asked someone.

"Sure. She seems really upset," you heard Leela say. She walked up to you and touched your shoulder sympathetically. "Are you sure you're okay? About what happened?"

"I-I'm fine..." you said, turning around on the bed and burying your head in the pillow. It was all over. It was all over. These words kept chanting in your mind. You considered the suicide booth. I would be painless now. Nothing compared to how you felt now.

"I think it really hurt her. She probably didn't know what hit her..." Leela told Fry.
"Yeah, I guess so," Fry shrugged. He seemed sad. He was probably mourning the death of his best friend as well. You continued to cry. It had been going so well up until this point. Now he was... dead. You couldn't think about it, it pained you too much. Your chest hurt from all the crying, and your eyes were red and puffy. Your nose was all sniffly too. All in all, you looked liked an absolute mess.

He was dead. He was just dead.

Then you heard a small gasp. "What happened?" you heard a voice say. It sounded like Bender's, but you knew he was dead.

"Please leave me alone..." you said quietly.
"Why are you crying?"

"Go away, you're just a ghost, stop haunting me!"

A pause.

"What?" said the voice again.

Your eyes had fully cleared. They were full of tears, but you could see now. You looked up at the speaker, finally taking your head out of the pillow. "You're just a...." you started, but stopped dead in your tracks.

"...ghost..." you finished, dumbfounded. It was Bender.

"Why are ghosts so realistic!" You moaned again, grabbing the pillow and burying your face in it. "If you want to hurt me so bad, just let me die then!" you yelled, anger seizing you. You hoped you wouldn't go into devil-cat mode like you did when Zapp had shot Bender. You had went absolutely nuts with rage when that had happened. You weren't too eager to do that again.

"What the absolute hell are you talking about?!" Bender said in disbelief. It sounded so much like Bender. You just wanted to curl up and die. It hurt too much. 

You continued to cry your eyes out until you felt cold metal grab your wrists and rip them away from your pillow. You saw Bender again.