Chapter 27: Switched

"Uh, why is that a bad thing?" You asked Farnsworth, fear beginning to creep into your throat again.

"Your brain is connected to your hand so you can move it. That means that the wires on the back of your neck are attached to your brain. There is also a backup memory device on them too. If you short-circuited Bender, then..." he trailed off.

"C'mon Professor just tell us already! Holding Bender is hard!" Amy grunted, struggling to hold Bender.

"When she short-circuited Bender, she and him swapped 'memories', so to speak. This means that they have switched minds!" the Professor explained.

 Everyone gasped.

"Didn't we already have a mind switching thing? Can't we just switch them back?" Fry pointed out.

"True, but alas, it won't work! This is a different kind of mind switching. If someone doesn't fix them, they'll stay fixed forever!"

Everyone gasped again.

"Okay, this is great and all, but how do we help (Y/N)?" Leela demanded.

"I will have to invent something to switch them back. But until then, we need to keep their various personalities under control." Farnsworth shook his head.

"So wait, Bender's 'anger' is actually my anger?" You said in shock. 

"Theoretically, yes." 

"Yeesh. Remind me never to get on your bad side." Fry commented. 

"I'm off to create a machine that can fix them." Farnsworth proclaimed, and headed off to his lab. 

 Bender continued to struggle against his captors (the Planet Express crew). 

"Wait, this is basically (Y/N)'s anger, right? In that case, only (Y/N) would know how to calm him down! Her down? Him/her?" Leela pointed out. 

You thought for a moment. 

"Something that would calm him/me down...To get him out of my mind, I would have to do something that he would never do..." You wondered aloud. You then turned red as you realized what you had to do. 

"Oh well. You...you gotta do what you gotta do, right?" You muttered, trying to calm your racing heart. 

Sighing, you leaned over and pressed your lips to Bender's. A few people gasped, but you didn't hear it. You got lost in the moment. 

Bender's eyes faded from red to their normal color, and he paused for a few moments. He then seemed to regain his composure. 

"What the hell are you doing?" Bender asked angrily. 

You yelped and jumped backwards, landing gracefully as a cat. 

You then morphed back. 

"Sorry - you went...rabid, and well... never mind, the others can brief you on what happened. But, you're better now so yay!" You said cheerfully, trying not to blush (again). Your mind began to think about that word - rabid. Is that really what you were? Rabid? 

You walked outside to give yourself some air. 

But your mind still couldn't get over that kiss. And why did Bender pause? His hard drive was probably just rebooting as it was getting rid of the weird thing he had been doing. 

All you could say about that kiss was that...

It was electrifying.