Chapter 61: Kiss

You couldn't say a word. Your body had gone into some kind of shock, where every muscle and bone locked into place, leaving you standing there with your eyes wide. 

Bender was kissing you.

You tried to process that simple sentence, but your brain felt like condensed mush. You could faintly hear tiny sparks flying inside your mouth (the result of water and electricity) but they didn't hurt. The sparks didn't hurt the first time you guys had kissed (on accident) when you had just received your robotic arm. You just complained that you had been electrocuted to get over the embarrassment that you felt. 

To be honest, the sparks felt kinda...nice. 

How will I show Bender that I like him back? How do I even 'kiss someone back'? These questions raced through your mind as you began to panic - you were completely inexperienced in love. 

Here goes nothing, you thought to yourself. 

You closed your eyes and pushed in a little so that your lips were more pressed up against Bender's electronic mouth. He seemed a bit surprised, but it was hard to tell, considering that your eyes were closed. 

The kiss couldn't have lasted more than 8 seconds, but it felt so much shorter. 

Bender pulled away first. His circuitry was overheating, giving his body a red-ish/pink-ish glow. It really was as if he were blushing. You two exchanged glances briefly. Both of you were in shock and surprise. 

Then he bolted. 

It happened so fast that it took a second for you brain to register it. Plus, the kiss had slowed down all of your senses. 

He ran out of the balcony and into the Planet Express building. He turned around a few corners and disappeared. 

"Wait, Bender!" You called after him but he had already vanished. 

You sighed and returned to gazing at the moon, which somehow seemed brighter. Taking your shaking fingers to your mouth, you traced your lips carefully, as if to confirm that those lips had actually kissed Bender. 

They had. 

You found yourself smiling in the darkness of the night.   

***

A/N

'Ello everyone! Here's another Author's Note that will probably annoy y'all...I just wanna say that it was really fun writing these past few chapters, especially the next one (which I will post tomorrow). 

Here's my challenge:

For chapters 52 and 60, I formatted the titles slightly different (on purpose, mind you). If anyone can tell me why, then they will get a shoutout in the next author's note! 

Good luck!

(I'm not sure how this will go: this will either be really easy, or really difficult...)

~RandomFangirl012

P.S. My little bro got a Wattpad RandomFanboy012 (see what we did with the username there?) and so he and I would really appreciate it if you checked out his page!