Chapter 10: Shoulder

Fortunately, the knife only impaled your shoulder.

Unfortunately, it hurt like FRICKING HELL.

You screamed in pain as you felt blood rush to the surface of your skin.

"Oh lord...so much blood! I have to get her back to HQ!" Bender said, a sense of duty filling him and putting him on autopilot. He grabbed your limp body and struggled to carry you. Using all his reserve battery, he dragged you to the Planet Express building.

"Somebody help me!" he yelled up the stairs. Dr. Zoidberg came running down. He took you from Bender and carried you up the stairs as Bender attempted to catch his breath. He then followed your limp body up the stairs.

~Time Skip~

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

You opened your eyes groggily. Was that...a heart monitor? You looked around at the dim gray walls.

"Is this hell?" You wondered aloud.

"Yes." Dr. Zoidberg said, looming over you. Your eyes widened at the pink/red blob until your eyes focused and you saw it was only Zoidberg.

"Oh hey Zoidberg. Say, did you die too?"

"No, I was only joking. Are you alright?"
"I think I'm fine....OW!" You yelped as your shoulder erupted in fiery pain. Zoidberg, quick as a fox, pulled out a numbing shot thingy and injected into your arm. It stung at first, then it felt tons better. You relaxed, and only then did you realize that you were so tense. Dr. Zoidberg then said, "I'll give you two some time." and left the room. Who was he talking to? You thought.

It was Bender.

"Hi Bender." you shifted around uncomfortably. You were in a hospital inside the Planet Express building. There was an IV in your arm and a heart monitor. Your shoulder was heavily wrapped and throbbed gently.

"You okay?" Bender asked softly.
"Yeah I guess. What happened?" you replied.
"You went to a suicide booth but I grabbed you before it could kill you. Unfortunately though, I wasn't quick enough and it grazed your shoulder."

"It did a little more than just 'grazing it'." You chuckled to yourself. Bender gave a smile.

"Okay, you're not going to stay awake for very long so I need to ask you an important question."

You nodded.

"Here's the deal - your shoulder is unrepairable. Long story short, it's seriously screwed up. You will never be able to use it again." he began.

You gulped.

"You have two choices. You can keep your actual arm. The thing is, you will look normal but you won't be able to use it. OR you can get a robotic arm transplant. You won't look 'normal' but you will be able to use it." he explained quickly.

"Robot arm. Obviously, because I would really like to use my hands."

He looked dumbfounded. "Really? It's not easy being a robot...or half robot anyhow. Plus, won't that screw up how you look like when you shape-shift?"

"One, I don't mind being a robot. Second, when I shape shift, I change my entire appearance so you wouldn't be able to tell. Third, it would be much easier to have a metal arm that works that I can walk on (both as a cat and a human) than a limp arm that I can't use when I shapeshift."

"Fair point. Now you're going to go under. Dr. Zoidberg is going to perform the operation. You won't feel anything. You sure you want to go with the robot arm?"

You took a deep breath.

"I'm sure." you said confidently.

Then he smacked your neck with a shot and everything went black.