Chapter 74: Explanation x2

A/N

Like I said in the last chapter, I have a very busy summer, but I'll try to get on here! By the way, I EDITED THE END OF THE LAST CHAPTER.

Apology:

I AM SO SORRY IT HAS BEEN A MONTH AND I HAVENT UPDATED AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

*sobs in a corner*

Sorry guys. I have been feeling down lately. I even considered giving up writing all together. I'm really truly sorry. You guys can kill me, I guess. Go write hate comments...
...
...
I deserve it.

***

You froze. Every muscle and your body stiffened. Bender did the same and pulled away hastily. The lights suddenly went very bright. You squinted at the sudden change and tried to make out the figures that were walking towards you.

None other than Fry, Leela, the Professor, Amy, Hermes, and Zoidberg.

You wished you could go die in a hole.

"I knew it!" The same voice said again. It was Leela. You felt your face go more red by the second, but you kept your mouth shut and hoped that it was just a dream. You weren't looking at Bender because your eyes were trained in the floor, but you bet that he was embarrassed.

"You know what? You don't seem to know much of anything." Bender scoffed at Leela.
"I knew you liked her! I just didn't know you two were together." Leela said.
"Yeah, same here." Amy agreed.
"I knew! But I had to keep it secret." Fry interjected.
"Of course." Hermes rolled his eyes.
"Yay, Zoidberg gets to discover a scandal!" Zoidberg said cheerfully.
"Bender is in love, la la la la..." Fry began to sing before Bender stopped him.

"I am not in love. Being in love sucks. Love can go screw itself." He crossed his arms. (OMG THIS IS THE MOST ACCURATE LINE)

The more they talked, the more embarrassed you felt. You didn't understand why though. After minutes of them arguing, you yelled over all of their voices.

"ENOUGH!" You said loudly. They silenced. You hadn't spoken a word yet. You looked at the everyone accusingly, still somewhat embarrassed.

"I don't understand why you're trying to make this like a bad thing. Like an embarrassing thing. It's not! I know I don't have the most experience with it, but... From my understanding of love, it's supposed to be something that's private, but you take pride in it. You're not completely afraid. So why... why are you guys turning it into something that's embarrassing?" Your voice got quiet as your realized how hurt you had become.

You looked at of the floor. You were probably way out of line.

Absolute silence filled the room.

"(Y/N)'s right." The Professor said, suddenly looking sad.
"I don't think it's embarrassing. I just think we are all surprised." Amy apologized.
"Yeah. I mean, it IS Bender we are talking about. As in 'Bender Hates Emotions' Bender." Leela added.
"And 'Bender Hates Humans' Bender." Hermes chimed in.

Bender huffed but didn't say anything.

You nodded slowly, looking up at everyone again. Your eyes were slowly closing and you began to sway.

"(Y/N)'s had a long few days. She needs rest." Bender changed the subject, slinging an arm around your shoulder.
"Oh right, she's been gone, right?" Fry remembered.
Bender gave a look that meant 'naw duh'. You morphed into a cat and curled into a ball on the floor. Because cats don't care about where they sleep. Bender gently picked you up and carried you outside without another word.
The rest of the gang sort of just stood there, even though you and Bender had left.

"That was... Interesting." Leela remarked.

Meanwhile, you and Bender walked home. "You know I don't care what they think, right?" Bender said softly. You nodded, about to completely fall asleep. Bender held you in his hands the entire way back to the apartment, and you fell asleep, feeling oddly warm inside.