Chapter 56: Splurgh

A/N 

EDIT 3/14 - I realized later that the titles for chapters 55 and 56 (Awakening and Splurgh, respectively) had been switched, so I switched them back. 

***

"Wha-" Bender blubbered, his speech slurred with the amount of transmission fluid pouring out of his mouth. You covered the pipe that was leaking with your paws to help him. You were still stuck in goop - you couldn't get out of his chest. 

"Wha- what happened?" Bender mumbled to himself. "Transmission fluid?! What-" He then muttered some incomprehensible gibberish. 

"Where am I?" He said. 

Your paws were long since dirty, but it was all you could do to help him in his damaged state. His legs creaked as he attempted to stand up. However, he was on his back. 

"Crap, I'm on my back. Lemme just roll and-" Bender attempted to roll over so he was the right way up, but his body refused. 

"Durgh! C'mon!! How am I supposed to get up? And where in heck are Fry and Leela? I hired them to save my ass, not sleep on their own asses!" Bender grumbled to himself. Then he paused quite suddenly. 

"Where is (Y/N)?" He said quietly to himself. You attempted to mew, but there was transmission fluid still in your mouth. He couldn't hear you. You hoped that he would find you eventually. 

"Oh no." Bender's voice was filled with dread. "They must've taken her away! I've got to get up and do something." Bender told himself, and once again attempted to get up. You wanted to tell him not to attempt to get up, that it was hurting him and his destroyed body. You couldn't though. 

"She can't have died. She just- can't have! I must've saved her, right?" 

Bender paused again. You think he must've realized what actually happened. 

"I told her I liked her? Come ON Bender! Who are you kidding? She's a human, and humans are bad...right? I'm so confused. I mean, normally when you like someone, it's like, if she's pretty, then love at first sight! But...I mean, I began to like (Y/N) gradually, the more I got to know her..." He then hit his head with a metallic fist. 

"What is wrong with me?" He groaned. "She's ruined me for life." You couldn't help but let out a cat-ish laugh. 

Much to your dismay, he still didn't hear you. The fluid was seeping into your already drenched fur coat. It wouldn't be long until you would be literally sick. 

"I let her die. Maybe it's for the best, I mean I can't have weaknesses. Who would I be then?" Bender said, deep in thought. 

"Alright, time to examine my injuries." He mumbled, and opened his chest. He fumbled around, and you lifted your paws so he could find the leaking pipe. 

"Oh crap, my pipe's busted." He grabbed a beer and you felt his body regain strength as he drank it. He let out a fiery burp. "Better." 

Your body began to shiver with the cold. If you weren't going to die from suffocation, you were definitely going to die from pneumonia or something. Your teeth chattered. You couldn't have morphed even if you wanted to. 

You let out another weak mew. 

Of course Bender didn't notice - your throat was crammed with fluid because you tried to help his leaking pipe. 

You felt the corners of your vision beginning to fade. No, you told yourself. I am not going to let myself die. 

Sucking in the biggest breath you could, you mewed as loudly as you could. You felt your vocal cords strain with the effort, so much so that it put you in a fit of coughing. 

Then he heard you.