Chapter 47: Lightbulb

"Wait WHAT?!" Fry yelled as the room of Planet Express was thrown into chaos.

"Finally! I've been waiting for this moment to read all of Bender's dirty mags! He would never let me before, but it's not like he needs them anymor- OW!" Fry began, before being smacked by Leela.

"So he's gonna be this mopey...whatever this is...forever?" Leela asked.

You nodded glumly.

"Unless we get our hands on one. Which is hard, because they NEVER make extras!" You told her.

"And, stealing from Mom Corp. (TM), especially in the case of circuitry, is punishable by death." Hermes pointed out.

"Hee hee. I feel fineeeeeeee!!!" Bender jumped around gleefully.

"Wait, why is he even acting like that? And what does it have to do with a love circuit?" Fry then wondered.

You sighed.

"You know when you're in love? How you're all ecstatic and happy and weird and all that?"

"Yeah?"
"Bender's got an extreme version of that permanently."
Fry cringed. "I hate when boys who are like that."

"He'll never be the same again, Fry."

*lightbulb*

"Wait...I mean, we could, theoretically speaking, sneak into Mom Corp? And steal a love circuit?"

"Hey, that's a good idea!" Amy chimed in.

"Hey guys, sorry to be the party pooper, but there is no way! It was hard enough doing it the first time, and now she knows our faces! Plus, she hates us! And, not to mention, the heavy security." Leela reminded them.

"Oh yeah..." Amy said.

"We can't just stop now! We have to sneak in there and get him a new one! He would do the same for me..." You trailed off at the end.

Leela stood up. "I must be out of my mind, but count me in. You can't do without a martial-artist!"
"I'm in too. I wanna do something for once!" Amy said, joining Leela's side. Amy thrust out her hip to try to look 'cuter' than Leela. You rolled your eyes at the two, but were happy that they were in.

"I'm coming too! Bender's my best friend." Fry said, as if that was enough proof (it was).

"Also, does no one else find it weird how okay Bender is with being friends with (Y/N)? I thought he was supposed to be 'hate all humans!' and 'show no emotion' and all of that." Leela mentioned, looking around to her fellow Planet Express mates.

"Yeah, it is weird! I thought Fry was the only one." Amy said, ignoring the fact that you were STANDING RIGHT THERE.

"Speaking of which, who do you think fried his love circuit? I mean, he wasn't near any robot hook-"

"Uhm, guys I'm still here." You said, a faint blush creeping over your cheeks.

"Oh, right." Fry remembered.

"Well? We oughta go get him, right? What are you guys fussing about LET'S GO!" You said, and dragged them into the Planet Express ship.

"I want to come! Zoidberg wants to be popular too!" Zoidberg scrambled onto the ship before anyone could argue.

"What do I do?" Hermes asked you. You turned around just in time to see the Professor sneak behind Bender and knock him out with a beer bottle.

"Well, for starters, that." You said, pointing towards the unconscious Bender. "Annnd....make sure that he doesn't go weird or whatever. I dunno, just make sure he stays Bender-ish? If that makes sense? Anyway, bye!" You said, and hopped into the ship.

Everyone (Fry, Leela and Amy) had already strapped themselves down to their seats. Except for Zoidberg, who was happy that he wasn't kicked out.

You buckled up and swallowed. You absolutely hated flying. You had only done it a few times, but you had no control, and you always thought you were going to crash. Luckily, Leela had her eyes...no eye on the control- oh great.

You thought about Bender. How he would probably do this for you.

That made you feel a little better.

When Leela blasted off out of Planet Express, you didn't feel scared anymore.