Chapter 85: Afraid

A/N

Thank you for all the love guys ❤️❤️❤️ I know I've been awful about schedules but I'm getting better. I went camping for two weeks and there's no freakiNG WIFI IN THE WOODS UGH

anyway I'm dumb so have this 3 week late update.

~Rosalina

(Don't forget about sending me the art y'all TwT)
(I wanna see your art!!)
**********

You froze, the realization slowly hitting you.
"That's it, isn't it." Bender muttered, wide-eyed.
"That's the panel that doesn't make sense!" You exclaimed and grabbed the IBs, staring at them again.

Bender walked over to you and looked over your shoulder.

"Wait, if you know your whole internal blueprint, then how did you not know this was a thing? Or how did you not notice this when you looked at your blueprint?"
"I'm not sure..." he frowned. "But I'm pretty sure the Profe told me that since it was secret, I wouldn't know about it. So finding it on my blueprint is-"
"more like finding Where's Waldo..." you finished for him, shocked.

"That... wasn't what I was gonna say but sure." He crossed his arms.

You pointed to the box you had identified on the blueprint. "Does this look familiar?"
"Surprisingly, no."
"Alright; pop open your panel and I'll try to find it."

Bender still looked somewhat worried, but he tried to hide it. He opened his panel and looked at you expectantly, while you continued to stare at the blueprint.
"Do you, um, need your cat form to find it?" He asked, trying to make conversation. If robots could sweat in sheer nervousness, then he'd would've been drenched by now.

"Nope, I think I can handle it like this," you said, not looking up from the blueprint. You quickly glanced at his panel, then looked at the paper as your right arm extended and went inside the panel. Bender visibly flinched, and you stopped.

"Bender... you okay?"
"Yeah yeah, I'm... fine. Don't worry about me."
You weren't convinced but you took his word for it. You continued to fumble around, using the blueprint as a guide until you finally hit the solid box. Bender flinched again.
"Sorry, I didn't think it'd be so close."
"You're good." Bender replied. It might've been your imagination, but it sounded like his voice was getting more timid.

"Wait a sec, Bender, trace my arm and locate the box. That way, your system will recognize it and you can find it again!"
"Do you think that that will activate it?"
"Maybe. But I don't think so?"

Bender traced your arm with his hand until he found the black box himself. His eyes flashed as his system recognized the secret component. Then they returned to normal and he looked at you. "I see it now! It's under my radar."

You retracted your hand. "Alright, that's step one." Before you could continue, you saw that he looked sad for a moment. It might've been your imagination though.

"Bender, are you okay? You seem to be seriously out of it-"
"I'm FINE, alright?!" He yelled, shutting his eyes tightly.

You took a step back involuntarily. "I'm s-sorry Bender... I didn't mean to upset you." Your voice grew quieter with every word. He quickly snapped out of it and looked at you, pained.

"(Y/N), dammit, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you. It's not your fault." He sighed and kicked his feet at the floor.

"It's okay. I know that you're just feeling a lot of emotions right now, and sometimes it comes out as anger."
He smiled a bit. "Well, you know me pretty well, don't ya?"