You want to make a memory

Rain was pounding against the windows; it's been rainy and cloudy all day long but only in the evening the weather started to get really bad. Spencer and Rachel didn't care about it. They were sitting on the couch - well, Spencer was sitting on the furniture while Rachel was lying on it with her head on Spencer's lap. „Would you like some more wine?", he asked while already grabbing the bottle of red wine that was standing on the living room table. Rachel nodded. „Yes, please. How come you've got such good wine, Spencer? I didn't know you're much of a wine drinker." Spencer laughed and filled both glasses with the red liquid. „I've got some bottles from Rossi. You know he's Italian and loves wine and pasta and all that stuff. I only drink it for special occasions."

„So, then I assume this is a special occasion for you?" Rachel said and sat up to grab her glass. Spencer smiled and immediately pulled her closer. „Of course it is. It's always special when you're here, you know that. Isn't it for you too?" His brown eyes examined Rachel, who slowly took a sip of her wine before answering him: „For me it's too." She leaned over and pressed her lips against Spencer's. He pulled her even closer than she already was until she decided to sit on his lap. They were lost in their passionate kiss when suddenly Rachel's cell phone started ringing. Spencer let out a frustrated groan while Rachel scaled off his laps and went to the kitchen, where her bag and her phone were. She already knew who was calling before she even looked at the display.

Ryan

Rachel sighed and for one moment she thought about just ignoring the call. „Who is it?", she heard Spencer's voice coming nearer as he walked into the kitchen as well. He wrapped his arms around her from behind and placed his chin on her shoulder, taking a look on her phone. „Oh", was everything he said. Rachel nodded. „I better answer before he gets suspicious of where I'm at." Spencer let go of her and went back to the living room; he knew she didn't like it when he heard her talking to her husband.

„Ryan?" Rachel finally answered the call. „Hey darling, where are you? You're supposed to be home since more than an hour", she could hear Ryan's voice. She bit her lip and thought about what she should tell him. Of course he didn't know anything about her and Spencer. And she would do everything to not let him know about her little affair with the FBI agent. „I'm...with a friend tonight. I'm sorry I didn't tell you, but I forgot about it. It might get late tonight, don't wait for me." Rachel pushed a wisp of her dark hair behind an ear while she was walking up and down in the kitchen. Her heart pounded wildly against her chest and she hoped her voice wasn't shaking because of the nervousness she was currently feeling. Although hers and Spencer's affair was already going on for half a year so far, she still got nervous whenever Ryan called her while she was with Spencer. She knew what she did was wrong, but she couldn't help. Since she met the agent at the university she was teaching some subjects, she couldn't get him out of her mind. And as she found out a few weeks later, he had the same problem. So they started to spend some time together, like having coffee or just talking. Until one thing lead to the other and suddenly they've found themselves together in one bed. Naked. Skin on skin. Since then it was like they were addicted to each other. They needed to meet at least once a week - if Spencer's job allowed it - and Rachel even risked her marriage for this. There were moments she could've slapped herself for being so dumb and cheating on her husband. But then...when she thought about the times Spencer and she spent in bed or some other place in his apartment, she couldn't help herself but smile happily. He made her life exciting again. Her wedding with Ryan was about three years ago and he got boring. He came home from work, sat down on the couch and watched TV while he expected her to cook him dinner and clean the house. She knew she could get a divorce but somehow she couldn't do that. Not yet.

Rachel shook her head to get rid of all these thoughts that were suddenly running through her mind while Ryan was talking to her. „Are you gonna stay the night there?", he now asked. Rachel gave herself a few seconds before she answered: „Maybe. I'm not sure yet. I'll text you if we should've drank too much wine and fall asleep on the couch, okay?"