I Hope You Find It

A sigh escaped your mouth as you stared down on the letter in your hands. Since ten minutes you were standing in front of the post office in Las Vegas, trying to decide if you should really send that letter or not.

But then you made a step forward and entered the office. You would send it. And you hoped, Spencer would receive the letter and the words written in it. Years ago, you and Spencer had been best friend and inseperable. But then, the genius boy had decided to go to Washington and work for the FBI. You had understood his decision but the fact, that he would just leave you like this and live thousands of miles away from you, had broken your heart. And the farewell had been pretty cold between the both of you. You had given him a short hug and quietly asked him if you'd be supposed to hang around here and wait forever. Spencer had looked at you frowning and didn't know what to say. He had said good bye and then he had been gone. And you had regretted those words almost immediately.

You hadn't heard from him anymore since then and you hadn't been able to forget him. How could you? You missed him dearly but you were too much of a coward to call him or even travel to Washington for some days. Maybe he had forgotten about you already. But you weren't sure. So, you had decided to write him a letter. And you had visited Diana, Spencer's mom, to get his address. She had smiled and given it to you with a little wink. Although she had been sick for a long time now, she still remembered your friendship with her son.

After you've sent the letter, you left the post office again and made your way back home. Your thoughts were still filled with your best friend. You hoped that he'd get your letter. But you were also a bit afraid of what might happen when he'd get it.

~

Dead tired, Spencer threw the mail that had been in his mailbox, on the table. He had just come back from a long case and didn't have the nerve to look through all the letters now. Most of them would be bills anyway. So, he took a shower and crawled into bed.

The next morning, Spencer sat down at the table, with a cup of coffee in his hand. He went through all the letters and stopped at one of them. His name and address were written in handwriting. Different from all the others. Frowning, Spencer opened it and started to read.

Dear Spencer

I'm not sure you remember me. It's been so many years. But I could never forget you. When you left, I just couldn't say the words I had wanted you to hear. I was angry that you'd leave me here alone. I was kind of torn apart. I wanted you to do what you wanted to do but I also wanted you back here in Vegas as well. My heart was broken, although I couldn't admit that. You were my best friend and letting you go

All these years, I've been too much of a coward to write you or call you or even visit you. But now, here's my letter. I hope that you found what you have been looking for. I hope you're living the life you had dreamed of and so much more. I hope that you're happy. Maybe we could talk again some time. If you've read this letter and you haven't forgotten about me, I'd be happy to hear from you. Let me know you got the letter.

Y/N

Under your name, there was a phone number written. With a sigh, Spencer put the letter back on the table. He swallowed hard. Of course, he hadn't forgotten about you. Never in all these years he had not thought about you. But as much as you had been a coward, he had been one too. How many times did he visit his mother but didn't find the courage to see you? Although he knew that you were still living in Vegas.

Spencer leaned back in his chair and his gaze wandered to the window in front of him. All those years he had been living in Washington now and although he loved his job and he had found wonderful friends in his work colleagues, he still had the feeling that there was something missing in his life. He hadn't been able to figure out what it was so far. But reading that letter, had made him think about it again. And suddenly, he knew what he had to do. He needed to catch a flight to Las Vegas.

~

You just stepped out of your apartment complex, when you saw someone getting out of a cab in front of the building. First, you didn't think about it, lots of people let cabs driving them somewhere. But when the young man started to walk towards you, you hesitated. And he did the same. Your eyes met and you gasped. Spencer!

You were taken by surprise and couldn't hide it at all. "S-Spencer?" Your voice was slightly shaking. He nodded as he stood right in front of you. He was tall. You had forgotten how tall he was. His hair was wild and a bit of a mess. And his face was incredibly handsome. You swallowed. "Why...why you're here?" You had so many questions but couldn't ask them all at once.

Spencer hid his hands in the pockets of his pants. "I received your letter", he simply said. Your eyes widened. You had hoped that he'd get the letter. But you had never expected him to appear here, in front of your home. Maybe a phone call, but not this.

"I loved it", Spencer continued, "and I realized that it was wrong to not ever see you again. I was so busy with my job that I forgot. And that's unforgivable. All the time I've been in Washington, I...I had a feeling as if something was missing in my life. And when...I read your letter, I slowly started to realize that it was you that's been missing." The words just dropped out of Spencer's mouth as if he couldn't hold them back. You just stood there, staring at him while your heart was pounding fast against your chest. You felt overwhelmed by the fact that he was here and by what he was saying.

Never in a hundred years you had thought that he'd just fly over to Vegas after reiceiving your letter. But he was here now. And he was literally confessing to you that he had missed you as much as you had missed him all this time.

You threw yourself into his arms and wrapped your arms around his neck. His embrace got tighter and you could hear him whispering into your ear: "Take today off from whatever you have planned to do. Let's have coffee and talk."

You nodded and let go of him again. Spencer grabbed your hand and together you made your way to the next coffee shop. There was so much you two had to talk about.