Truly madly deeply

3rd part to Perfect and Welcome to our lives

Almost two months had passed since Lucas and Sophia had been born and Serena's and Spencer's days and even nights had become stressful. But those weeks had been the most amazing and beautiful ones for her and for Spencer so far.

Only two days after their birth Serena and Spencer had asked Derek and Penelope to be Sophia's godparents and JJ and Hotch to be Lucas'. They'd said yes with beaming smiles and everyone helped when Serena got home after a week at the hospital. She even had been able to already take her babies with her and her mom had appeared at their doorsill offering her help with her grandchildren. Help Serena gladly accepted. Spencer also got some weeks off and he wouldn't have to go out on cases for a few months if he didn't want to, which he wasn't sad about. Sometimes he even had a hard time to leave for the office to do paperwork but Serena pushed him out. One of them had to work from time to time and she still got her mom to help with the twins.

~

It was one of those nights when Serena had to get up at least every two hours because the babies fluttered. When Lucas was sleeping, Sophia cried. When Sophia was sleeping, Lucas cried. Since the twins sometimes didn't have the same sleeping rhythm, she and Spencer had decided that one would look after Lucas, the other one after Sophia, so they could get some sleep as soon as their baby slept. But it was exhausting. Serena just had brought Sophia back into her crib and all she wanted now was some hours of sleep. She crawled under the duvet where Spencer was already lying. "Spence? Are you awake?" Serena whispered as she scooted closer to her boyfriend. „Mhm." Was the only noise that left his mouth. „Sophia finally fell asleep again." She sighed and placed her head on Spencer's chest. He wrapped an arm around her and kissed her lips. "I'm wondering for how long." He slightly smiled and Serena let out a short laugh. "Oh, I'm sure not for long. They're so fluttered, I hope this will go by soon." Spencer just nodded and then they snuggled into each other and closed their eyes again. Only a few seconds later they'd both fell asleep.

As cries were heard, Serena woke up immediately. Spencer next to her rubbed his face to wake up properly before he got up as well and they both made their way to the nursery. Lucas and Sophia were awake, crying and screaming. "They're hungry." Serena sighed as she gently lifted Lucas out of his crib. Spencer did the same with Sophia and while Serena changed Lucas' diapers, Spencer went to the kitchen with Sophia in his arms. "Shhh, you'll get your food in a few minutes." She could hear her boyfriend quietly speak to the baby and she couldn't help but smile. He was a great father and did everything he could to help her. Since Serena didn't breast feed it wasn't a problem for Spencer to help feeding the babies when they were hungry at the same time – what mostly happened.

As soon as Serena had changed Lucas' diapers he was calmer again and she carried him into the kitchen, where Spencer was standing at the counter, rocking Sophia in his arms while he waited for the baby bottles to be ready. Serena glanced over to the clock which was hanging on the wall. It was five in the morning. "Let's hope they'll finally sleep a bit longer after this." Spencer smiled when he noticed Serena's look. She just nodded and grabbed Lucas' bottle to check its temperature. Then she walked over to the living room, followed by Spencer, and they both let themselves sink on the couch to feed the babies. Soon the room was filled with sucking noises as the babies finally got what they wanted.

Only half an hour later Serena had managed to bring the twins back to bed and they fell asleep again almost immediately. She and Spencer crawled back into their bed as well, trying to get some more sleep.

~

The next days were filled with cleaning, feeding the babies, cuddling with them and sleep. Whenever Serena's mom was here, Serena took the opportunity to lie down and drift off to dreamland for a bit.