The Rain

Julia felt soft lips peppering her cheeks and her neck and with a groan she turned around, grabbing the duvet to pull it over her head. "Go away, I want to sleep." She mumbled. It was Sunday; she didn't have to work and for once her boyfriend Spencer didn't have to neither. A chuckle escaped Spencer's mouth when he leaned over to Julia once again and grabbed the duvet. "Come on, it's a beautiful day!" He said while he pulled the duvet away from Julia's body. "Spence..." She sighed and finally opened her eyes. "What time is it?" She murmured. "It's ten in the morning." He smiled his beautiful smile and the young woman sighed once again. How could she ever resist those beautiful eyes and that wonderful smile? The answer was she would never be able to. "Too early to get out of bed." Julia decided and grabbed Spencer's shirt to pull him closer to her. "Hey!" He laughed but let her wrap her arms around his neck. She pressed her lips against his and tangled her legs with his. "Why should we get up that early when we for once have a whole free day just for us?" Julia whispered against his lips while she pushed some hair out of his face. "Because I've got a surprise for you." Spencer smirked and gently stroked Julia's soft cheek. She frowned. "A surprise? What surprise?" Laughing out loud Spencer rolled on his back. "If I'd tell you, it wouldn't be a surprise anymore."

"Ugh, you're a tease." Julia murmured and pressed a kiss on his cheek. "Okay, I'll go get a shower, alright?" Spencer nodded and watched her getting out of bed. He couldn't hide a smile. He knew he was lucky to have a woman like her by his side and he tried to show her his affection whenever he had a chance to. Like he had planned to do so today. She would love his surprise, he was sure about that.

Julia was excited. She knew that Spencer knew she loved surprises and could literally never wait to find out what it was. So she had only a quick shower washing her hair and body before jumping out again. Dressed into a light blue summer dress and her brown hair pinned up she made her way through the corridor and the living room into the kitchen. "What are you doing?" She asked as she saw Spencer putting out food from the fridge and packing it into a picnic basket. "I'm preparing for your day out." He simply said. Julia looked at all the food in the basket and swallowed. "Uhm...did you cook? And if so...when did you do that?" She was more than surprised and couldn't hide it. "I've been awake early today and since the weather is wonderful I thought we could have a picnic somewhere. That's my surprise for you." He looked up, giving Julia a beaming smile. "Wow...just...wow." She stammered before wrapping her arms around Spencer's neck and giving him a long kiss. "I'm overwhelmed." She whispered. "I'm glad you are." Spencer whispered back. "Let's go now." With one hand he grabbed the basket and the other he reached out for Julia's hand.

They drove for almost half an hour with the intention to get a bit out of the city today. It was too crowded on that beautiful summer day and Spencer and Julia just wanted to have a little place just for themselves. "Look, over there Spencer. It looks like a little park with a few trees and green grass. And...it seems like there's no one." Julia suddenly said after she'd spotted the small park. Spencer nodded. "I'm starting to get hungry, let's have our picnic there." He agreed as he maneuvered the car to one of the parkings near.

"What about here?" Spencer asked some minutes later and Julia nodded. He spread the blanket on the ground, a bit away from the shadows of the trees. It was already comfortably warm and with a pleased sigh Julia let herself sink on the blanket. "It's beautiful here." She said. "It is indeed." Spencer nodded. "Are you hungry?" Julia laughed. "It's almost eleven and I haven't eaten anything yet. So yes, I'm very hungry."

"Okay, let's see what we have..." Spencer murmured and opened the basket. He started to put everything out on the blanket: A bottle of water, a bottle of red wine, two glasses, sandwiches – some with peanut butter, some with ham – roasted chicken, strawberries, chocolate... Julia's eyes widened. "And you prepared all of that this morning?" She asked and Spencer nodded, a smirk on his lips. "Like I said, I've been awake early."