Headaches

Headaches. Kristin suffered from them since almost a week now and no matter what she did, they wouldn't fuck off. Tired and annoyed, she closed the door to her apartment and threw her purse on the floor before slipping her shoes off. A hot shower was everything Kristin wanted now. Maybe this would help to ease her headache at least a bit since painkillers didn't seem to do its work.

She lazily got out of her clothes and then lumbered into the bath room. The hot water poured down on Kristin's body and she closed her eyes. Oh, she would stay here for at least half an hour now, she decided.

After the long, hot shower Kristin felt incredibly tired but her headache was a little bit better and she was thankful for that. Dressed in some of Spencer's pajama pants and a shirt she went to the kitchen and grabbed one of the water bottles. She didn't think that she hadn't drank enough through these last days so she was wondering where those headaches came from.

A sigh left her mouth as she put the bottle back into the fridge. For a few moments Kristin thought about taking another painkiller or not. Yes, she had to. Her head still felt like it was about to explode any second. Once again she put out the water bottle out of the fridge again and decided to take it with her to the bedroom. It was only three in the afternoon and she had left work earlier due to the headache. She just couldn't bear to stare into a computer monitor anymore. Her eyes hurt and the bright lights made it even worse. 

Before Kristin crawled into bed and under the duvet, she closed the curtains so no light would be able to shine in. Spencer was still out on a case since days and he had sent her a text message earlier today to tell that he'd be home today or tomorrow morning. But Kristin just couldn't wait for him like she mostly did. Even when he arrived home in the middle of the night, she tried to stay awake until he was here. But not today. She curled up in the bed and closed her eyes. Sleep. Sleep was everything she wanted right now.

~

When Spencer came home at six in the evening, he was surprised to not see Kristin sitting in the living room waiting for him like she always did. Frowning he glanced into the kitchen and the bathroom before carefully pushing the door to the bedroom open. It was dark and his eyes needed some seconds to adjust to the darkness. But then he spotted his girlfriend under the duvet. He quietly sneaked in and walked around the bed to her side. He let himself sink onto the edge of the bed. "Hey, baby." He lowered his head and pressed a gentle kiss on her cheek. Kristin mumbled something he couldn't understand while she tried to open her eyes. "Spencer?" He nodded. "What are you doing in here, Kristin? Are you alright?"

Kristin couldn't really see his face but she heard the worry in his voice. "I'm...having a terrible headache since days. I hoped sleep would cure it but it didn't." She murmured and turned around to face her boyfriend. The headache was still there, still very strong and she felt tears filling her eyes. She was so tired of it and she didn't know anymore what to do. She just wanted the headache to go away. "Okay, don't move. I'll go take a quick shower and then I'll try to help you. I've got an idea." Spencer said and leaned down to Kristin to kiss her. She watched him leaving the bedroom again and frowned. How would he want to help her to get rid of that headache? She had already tried everything she could think of. But she didn't have to lose anything so she just shrugged and snuggled back into the pillow, closing her eyes once again.

Kristin heard Spencer coming back some minutes later but didn't manage to open her eyes. "Come on, you have to move a little." He said and now she looked up to him. He was sitting there cross-legged, on his side of the bed, a small bottle in his hands. "What's that?" She quietly asked. "It's peppermint oil. I'm suffering from strong headaches as well from time to time. This helps me a lot. And I suppose you haven't tried that yet." He smiled and Kristin couldn't help but smile too. She'd tried so many things over the last days but never even thought about some oil. "No, I haven't." She finally said.

Spencer chuckled. "Okay, come here, lay your head into my lap." She did as he said. First he gave her another kiss and then he drizzled a bit of that oil on her forehead and temples. The strong scent of peppermint immediately got into Kristin's nose and she took a deep breath. "Just close your eyes and try to relax." Spencer murmured as his fingers started to massage her temples and her forehead. Oh, how good this felt! Kristin almost fell asleep but then Spencer suddenly stopped. "The oil has to do its work now. But I'll repeat the massage in about 15 minutes." He explained and she opened her eyes again. "Spence...you don't have to do this." Kristin said, suddenly feeling bad for making him massage her head although he'd just came home from a long, exhausting case. "You're tired, you should sleep." 

She slowly got up. But he shook his head. "I'm not even that tired. I was able to sleep a bit during our flight back. I know how terrible headaches are, darling. And I won't stop with these massages until they will start to fade, okay?" He wrapped an arm around Kristin's waist and pulled her closer to him. She sighed and buried her face in his neck. "Thank you." She whispered and pressed a little kiss on his cheek.

"I hate seeing you in pain and I'll do everything to make you feel better." He explained while his hand wandered up and down her back. His voice, his scent, his body close to her made Kristin already feel a bit better. She'd missed him during the last days he had been away. "Do you know that you're the best boyfriend a girl could wish for?" She murmured, almost drifting away into sleep. Spencer chuckled and his chest moved up and down really fast. "I'm doing my best." He then said and looked down at the woman he loved. "Would you like to get another massage?" Kristin nodded and once again she placed her head in his lap so he could put some oil on her face.

"Is it getting any better?" Spencer asked half an hour later. Kristin nodded and was surprised that it had actually helped. The headache was still there, but not that pounding anymore. She could keep her eyes open for a while and even felt a little bit hungry right now. The last few days she had lost her appetite due to the constant headache but now her stomach was growling what made Spencer laugh. 

"How long has it been since you ate something?" He asked. "Uhm...I guess since yesterday evening." His eyes widened at her words. "I just...wasn't hungry, Spencer." She explained with a shrug. "Okay, you need to eat. What do you want? Eggs? Chicken? Pasta?" Spencer sat up and was about to leave the bed. "I'd love some pasta. Nothing spectacular, okay?" She said.

"I'm not a good cook anyway, so don't worry about it being something spectacular." He laughed before he made his way towards the kitchen. Kristin kept lying in bed for a while and listened to him handling things in the kitchen. But then she got up too and joined Spencer in the kitchen. She didn't want him to do everything by himself, she felt bad about this. So she helped him a bit and then sat on the kitchen table, eating a plate of delicious pasta while she could feel her headache finally fade away. What a relief that was! 

Kristin was sure it was because of Spencer's massages and the peppermint oil. And when she finally cuddled up in Spencer's arms when they were both back in bed again, she promised herself to get a small bottle of peppermint oil as well. Just in case that she should start getting headaches again when her beloved boyfriend was away for a case and couldn't give her massages. "Thanks for everything." Kristin said, placing a kiss on Spencer's lips before she closed her eyes and finally drifted away into a sleep without being in pain.