Valentine's Day at home

The sunbeams broke through the curtains and shone right into Georgia's face. She groaned and pulled the duvet up to hide from the sun. She was still sleepy and she didn't have to get up and go to work, so the young woman definitely didn't plan to leave the bed this early. Georgia reached out her arm to feel for her boyfriend, but her hand only touched the empty sheets and she turned over. Spencer wasn't here. Georgia frowned while she listened to any noises in the apartment. Spencer usually didn't leave the bed at 7:30am when there was no work. But then Georgia heard something that sounded like it came from the kitchen and so she let herself sink back into the pillows. Maybe he was just hungry. She closed her eyes again and pulled the duvet up to her chin. Only a few seconds later she drifted off into sleep again but was woken up by soft lips that kissed her cheeks soon again. "Hmm let me sleep." Georgia murmured and turned to the other side to escape the lips. She heard a little chuckle. "Come on, let's enjoy today." Spencer whispered into Georgia's ear and she couldn't resist and turned her head around to look into his handsome face. He was smiling and his hair fell into his face when he leaned over and gently kissed her. "Good morning, beautiful." He said. "Good morning." Georgia smiled at him. She wrapped her arms around Spencer's neck and pulled him closer. "What are you doing?" She could hear that he was surprised. "I just want to cuddle. We don't have to get up so early, we've got a day off work." Georgia murmured as she buried her face in his neck and pressed a short kiss on his warm skin. "I've made you breakfast." Spencer simply said and caused her to look up again. "What? Why?" She hadn't expected something like that, especially since they both weren't great fans of breakfast. They barely had time to get some most of the days, so coffee and a croissant or a cupcake were everything they'd get.

That Spencer actually made breakfast for Georgia was a surprise. "Because I love you and I just felt like doing something for you. I know it wasn't necessary, but I wanted to do it." He explained while he played with her hair. "Thank you, that's really cute from you." She gave him a quick kiss and then swung her legs out of the bed. "Woah, woah, not so fast!" Spencer shouted as he grabbed her arm and pulled her back onto the mattress. "What? What's going on?" Georgia was confused. "Just stay in bed. Breakfast will come to you." He smirked and before she'd have another chance to say something, he'd already left the bedroom. Georgia just kept sitting there, listening to him putter around in the kitchen.

When Spencer walked back into the bedroom, Georgia was overwhelmed: He carefully put a tray on her lap and she stared at it, speechless. "Spence..." There was a plate filled with scrambled eggs, two pancakes and toast. A glass of orange juice and a cup of coffee placed next to it. And on top of the tray, there was a small vase with one red rose in it. Georgia didn't know what to say. This was more she'd ever had expected. "Spencer, that's just..." She tried to say but he leaned over and pressed his lips against hers. "You don't have to say something, babe. Just enjoy your breakfast." He smirked and then crawled into the bed again. "That's so much, I'm not sure if I'll be able to eat everything. Would you help me?" Georgia asked and the grin on Spencer's face told her everything. Of course he would eat it with her. And it was absolutely delicious. Although Georgia and Spencer had been together for two years now, she didn't have any idea that he was actually not bad in making breakfast. After they'd finished, Georgia put the tray down on the bedroom floor and scooted closer to her boyfriend, so he could wrap his arms around her body. "Thanks for this. I can't remember eating anything that delicious." She murmured and he chuckled. "I'm glad you liked it. It took me 53 minutes to prepare." He said. When she looked up to him, she could see the smirk on his face. "Oh, I should've known you'd exactly know the minutes it took you." Georgia laughed. He kissed the tip of her nose and pulled her even closer as he glanced over to the clock. He sighed. "What?" She frowned at him. He shrugged. "Nothing. It's just...I really love those moments, you know? When we're laying in bed and don't have to do anything or go anywhere. Just enjoying ourselves." She smiled at him and gently stroked his cheek. "Those are my favourite days." Spencer nodded. "So, what else do you want to do today, except laying in bed and cuddling?"

"Hmm..." Georgia made and thought about it some moments. "Anything that includes more cuddles." Spencer laughed out loud at her words. "Well, I'm sure we can make up something that includes cuddling." He said as he turned a bit so Georgia ended up lying on her back and he was over her, kissing her lips once again.

~

Spencer and Georgia ended up on the couch, cuddled up into each other and watching Doctor Who. It was past lunchtime and they both hadn't felt like cooking so they'd just ordered pizza. Now the leftovers were in a cardboard box on the coffee table while Georgia was leaning her head on Spencer's shoulder, his arms wrapped around her torso. This was perfect. She let out a pleased sigh. "You okay?" Spencer asked and she felt him moving. She reached up and stroked his arm. "Of course I am. I just really enjoy this day. Best Valentine's Day ever." Georgia smiled as she kissed him. Spencer smiled back at her as soon as she let go of his lips again. "Well, it might get even better." The young agent said now what made Georgia frown at him. "Better? What's better than cuddling and having a day just for us?" She curiously asked. But Spencer just shrugged and placed a kiss on her hair. "It'll be a surprise." She knew, he could be a really stubborn person when he didn't want to tell something and keep it a secret. So Georgia just scooted closer to him again and placed her head on his chest as she tried to concentrate on the Doctor Who episode that was currently on TV. But still...she now was wondering what her boyfriend had planned. There was a sparkle in his hazel eyes that told her he was excited about something. He would tell her, she was sure about that. She just had to wait. But Georgia tended to be an impatient person, so it took all of her self-control to not annoy him with questions.

Georgia had drifted off in Spencer's arms for some time and got woken up by his soft lips. "Hey, sleepy head." He smirked as she finally opened her eyes. She was confused for a few seconds until she realized that she'd fallen asleep. "Oh, how long did I sleep?" Georgia asked then as she slowly got up from the couch to stretch her arms and legs. "Not long, just for an hour and thirty minutes." Spencer said with a smile on his face. "Why are you smiling like that?" She frowned at him, once again. But again, he didn't say anything. He grabbed her hand instead and explained: "While you were sleeping, I prepared something." Georgia followed him but then he suddenly stopped and she almost collided with his body. "Spence!" She shouted and placed her hands on his back. He turned around. "Close your eyes." She frowned. But she did what he asked for. She let him take her hands. It took a few seconds before he told Georgia to open her eyes again. And she was speechless from the moment she saw what he had done: There were rose petals on the kitchen table, together with some candles and two glasses of champagne. Next to one of the glasses Georgia spotted a small dark blue box. She swallowed as she tried to calm down her pounding heart. "Spencer, what...is this?" She asked as she stepped closer to him and to the table. Her boyfriend let his fingers run through his hair and Georgia saw his cheeks turning a slight red. "I...well, it's Valentine's Day and..." He shrugged and she couldn't help but smile at his stammering. She watched Spencer taking the small box. "Georgia, I know we're a couple for only two years but...with you my life is so much more fun, so much more precious and I couldn't imagine a life without you in it anymore. So..." Spencer went down to one knee and Georgia's jaw dropped. Her heart felt like it would jump out of her chest any second now and she hadn't realized that she'd held her breath until now. "Oh my god, Spencer." She whispered. "Let me finish what I'm about to do, Georgia." He chuckled and she laughed. "Okay, I'm sorry."

"Georgia, I love you. I love you with all my heart and I would do everything for you. I want to grow old with you, I want to have a family with you. Georgia, will you marry me?"

She just stood there, looking at him in awe. She seriously hadn't expected a proposal on Valentine's Day or even within the next years. And here she was now, looking down at her boyfriend who was nervously waiting for her answer. She took a deep breath. "Yes. Yes, of course I will marry you!" She finally shouted, what made Spencer jump back on his feet and throw his arms around her. "I love you so much." He whispered before he crashed his lips on Georgia's. "I love you too. Happy Valentine's Day, Spence."