Sun & Stars

Reena rolled over in bed when she heard the front door shut. Seconds later the light in the corridor got turned on and she knew Spencer was home again. He had been away for the last week, somewhere in Atlanta to solve a case. And she had missed him a lot, she couldn't deny that.

She closed her eyes again and listened to Spencer walking around in the apartment and showering to get ready for bed. Reena was too lazy to glance at the digital alarm to see what time it was but she assumed it was some time after midnight.

While she listened to the water in the shower running, she felt herself dozing off again, she haven't had much sleep the last nights due to her work and didn't care about staying awake now.

Only when she felt the matress moving, she opened her eyes again, just to see Spencer settling down under the duvet. "Hey." Reena murmured drowsy as she slowly scooted closer to her boyfriend. "Hey." He sighed and wrapped his arms around her.

"Are you alright?" Reena frowned at him, knowing that that sound of his voice most of the time was a sign that the case hadn't gone well. "Spencer?" She lifted her hand and put it on his cheek so she could gently turn his head around to face him.

"It didn't go well." He murmured and wriggled under the duvet. "Do you want to talk about it?" Reena quietly asked while her hand wandered from Spencer's cheek down to his chest. She could feel him taking a deep breath. "I just want to sleep, to be honest."

She nodded and snuggled even more into Spencer's body while he wrapped his arms tighter around her. "I'm glad you're back." She murmured and searched for his lips to kiss him. He returned the kiss. "I'm glad too."

~

Reena and Spencer both had fallen asleep pretty fast but all of a sudden Reena got pulled out of her dreams. She looked around spacy, trying to figure out what had woken her up.

Spencer next to her was tossing and turning around on his side of the bed, murmuring words Reena couldn't understand. She realized it had been him who'd screamed and had woken her up.

"Spencer, wake up." Reena gently shook his shoulder. "Spencer, come on! You're dreaming!" She raised her voice and shook harder and now, he finally woke up. He looked at her with wide eyes and heavy breathing. "Reena..." Spencer gasped.

"Shhh, it's okay. It was just a dream." She wrapped her arms around her boyfriend and placed her head on his chest, where his heart was beating way too fast behind the skin. It wasn't the first time Spencer had bad dreams. Reena was used to him having troubles with sleep and having nightmares because of his work.

"It was terrible, Reena..." Spencer whispered. She pulled away from him again and cupped his face. "I can't even imagine how bad that last case must have been, but you're home now, honey. Everything's alright here." Reena tried to calm him down. But Spencer shook his head.

"There are things that haunt me and they won't just go away that easily." He explained.

Reena sighed. "I know that, Spencer. I see how hard some cases are, I see how this doesn't let go of you for some time whenever you got home again." She quietly said, still holding his face in her hands.

Spencer grabbed Reena's wrists and pulled them away. "I'm sorry I woke you up." He murmured.

"Don't be silly. You know I don't mind." She crawled out of bed now and reached a hand towards him. "Come on."

Spencer frowned at her. "What?" He looked confused and that made Reena smirk. "Stop asking and get out of bed, put your robe over." She just said while she grabbed hers and put it over her shoulders.

Reena had a plan. It was that one plan she always had whenever she could sense that Spencer didn't feel well after a case. But tonight was the first time she'd do that at night.