Staying Over Night

You slowly walked down Spencer's bookshelves and let your fingers glide along the backs of the books. Wow, he really had a lot of books; the shelves almost took in more than half of the living room and there were some really old ones as well.

Of course you knew that Spencer loved books and could read in them for hours. You also knew that he was an incredibly fast reader as well. But you hadn't seen his collection of books yet. Not until this evening.

"Here." Spencer had stepped to you, in both hands he was holding a glass of wine. You grabbed one and clinked glasses, a smile on your face.

"We should drink to the last case we solved", you suggested and Spencer nodded.

"Absolutely."

It had been a hard one, there had been children involved and you always hated that. Spencer had invited you to come home with him and you hadn't said no, since you two were a couple since two months now. That wasn't long, but Spencer and you knew each other since three years now.

You both settled on the couch a few minutes later. "I'm impressed by your book collection", you said after you took a sip of your wine. Spencer smiled a bit shyly and tucked a strand of hair behind his ear.

"Erm...thank you. I just think you can never have enough books."

You laughed at his words. "Well, if we'd be all as fast readers as you are...we'd get to read a lot more books in our lives."

Spencer shrugged and shifted on the couch, putting his glass back on the coffee table. For a moment there was silence between you, before Spencer, after he had hesitated for a few seconds, put an arm around your shoulders and with a sigh you leaned against him.

You hadn't shown yet, but that last case had been nerve-wracking for you. You had a thing for children and it always broke your heart when children were involved in any cases.

"You alright?", Spencer quietly asked and you nodded. He knew about your feelings.

"Thanks that you invited me to come here. I wouldn't want to be alone", you said and turned to face him. Spencer smiled and lifted his hand to gently stroke your cheek.

"I'm glad you're here as well."

And before you could say something, he'd leaned in and pressed his lips on yours. You closed your eyes immediately and let out a little sigh. You snuggled into his arms and grabbed your glass of wine again.

"You know what? We should do that way more often."

"What?" Spencer looked at you, frowning. You smiled. Oh, sometimes he was just really confused and you thought that was incredibly adorable.

"Spending evenings together after cases", you explained.

"Oh, yes. Yes, I'd love to spend those evenings with you", Spencer hurried to say and you just smirked to yourself.

You were about to take another sip of your wine when Spencer grabbed the glass and put it back on the coffee table, right next to his own glass. You looked at him inquiringly.

Spencer put both his hands on your cheeks and pulled you closer to kiss you once again. Of course you didn't mind him doing that and you wrapped your arms around his neck.

The whole evening persisted on kissing and making out until you both finally made it to bed and fell asleep snuggled up to each other.

~

When you woke up the next morning, Spencer wasn't laying next to you anymore. For some minutes you just remained in bed, stroking the empty side where Spencer had been all night long. A smile creeped on your face. It had been a long time since you've slept as well as you did last night. You didn't even need an alarm clock this time for going to work. You still had plenty of time to get there.