Just one last dance (Part Two)

"Come on, I'll help you." Spencer carefully wrapped an arm around Michelle's waist and supported her to get up the stairs to her apartment. It wasn't the first time Spencer cursed this apartment building for not having an elevator. But they somehow made it up and he opened the door. He led his girlfriend to the bedroom where she just sat down on the edge of the bed. She still looked pale and he could see that she was tired. "Should I help you to change into your pyjamas?" He asked as he sat down as well. Michelle shook her head. "I...I want to try it on my own. But...I'd like to have some tea." She grabbed his hand and looked up into Spencer's face. "Thank you. Thank you so much for being there." She quietly said and Spencer saw the tears shimmering in her eyes. He kissed her cheek. "I love you and I'll always be there." He got up again to let her alone for a few minutes and make her some tea.

Spencer had called Hotch after he had the permission to take Michelle home. He wanted to ask for some free days since there was no possibility he'd leave his girlfriend alone. Hotch did understood and allowed him to stay away from work as long as necessary.

~

Almost a week after Michelle was back home, she and Spencer were lying in bed. He was holding her in his arms, as he always did as soon as he came to bed as well. They wanted to feel each other; they wanted to be near each other, because Michelle's time was running out. Both of them were aware of that and still Spencer tried to not think about it. He wanted to enjoy every moment that was left with her. He brought her the meds she had to take, he made sure she was feeling as good as possible and tried to make her laugh.

All of Spencer's BAU colleagues showed up every once in a while to check on both of them and brought food and other useful stuff and Spencer was really thankful for friends like them.

"Spencer?" Michelle's soft voice pulled him back from his thoughts. "Hmm?" She moved in his arms so she would be able to look into his eyes. "Before I die, I've...I've got a last wish." Her voice was nothing more than a whisper; it almost cracked because she was trying to hold back tears. Spencer turned to his right side and put a hand hand on her cheek. "What is it?" He murmured. Michelle swallowed and licked her dry lips. "I want...I want to dance with you one last time. Like we did on our third date. Do you...do you remember?" Her beautiful eyes, which had always been sparkling and now were just tired, examined Spencer. "Of course I do."

Spencer was standing in front of this really romantic and beautiful Italian restaurant and brushed some of his hair, which was falling in his face, aside. He was nervous and he couldn't hide it. There was that beautiful, blonde haired woman he would have the third date with and this whole thing was quite new to him. Sure, he have had some dates, he had spent time with women. But Michelle was different. She was funny and understood him. She listened to his rambling about thousands of facts and was still interested. Now Spencer wanted to make this third date special. He wanted to show her that she meant something to him.

He glanced at his watch. 7:45pm. She should appear now any minute and he stepped from one foot to the other, trying to get rid of that nervousness. "Hi, Spencer." He spun around when he heard her voice. There she stood, wearing a beautiful dark blue dress that ended right up her knees. Her hair was wavy and fell over her shoulders. She looked stunning and it took Spencer a few seconds to actually build a proper sentence. "Wow, you...you look...I mean, you...wow, you look awesome." He stammered, what made Michelle smile. "Thank you. You...look great too." She returned the compliment. "Shall we go in?" Spencer then asked and offered her his arm. She linked her arm with his and let him lead her into the restaurant.

They spent a great evening together with delicious Italian food at one of the tables that were a bit hidden from the looks of people. They talked about everything that came to their minds while a live band was playing music. Not too loud, so people could still have conversations, but still loud enough to be heard.