You'll Be In My Heart

"And you'll be home tomorrow evening? Promise?", you asked into the phone while you were laying on the couch, stroking your huge baby bump. You were talking to your husband Spencer, who was currently out on a case. You heard him chuckle. "You can't wait for me to be home again, can't you?"

"Oh, you! Are you laughing at me because I'm missing you?", you exclaimed, acting as if you felt insulted by his words. Now he was laughing. "Of course, I'm not", he assured you. "I miss you too, darling. But we're close to get that psychopath, so it won't be long anymore. How are you feeling? How's our baby boy?"

You smiled at Spencer's words. He was always so worried about you when he wasn't at home. He always had the feeling as if he was missing out on something when he wasn't there. And he hated that he couldn't be with you and protect you from whatever. He was a bit overprotective sometimes, you thought. But it was alright. He was just as excited for that baby as you were.

"We're both doing great", you now answered and winced a bit when you felt the baby kicking inside of you. "I guess he can't wait for his daddy to be here again too", you chuckled and stroked the part of your belly where you had felt the kick. In not even two months you would finally hold your son in your arms and his birth couldn't come soon enough for you.

"Alright, I have to go now, darling", Spencer said and he sounded as if he really didn't want to end that call with you. "I'll text you as soon as we take off and are on our way home", he promised.

"I love you, Spencer."

"I love you too, Y/N."

~

You got pulled out of your dreams by the ringing of your phone. A bit disoriented, you fumbled for your phone on the bedside table. "Yes?", you murmured.

"Y/N? It's me, Luke", you could hear Spencer's friend and colleague. Suddenly, you were wide awake and tried to sit up – something that wasn't that easy with a huge baby bump.

"Luke? Why...why you're calling me?", you asked. "Listen, something happened", he said and you could hear his voice slightly shaking. Your heart started to rage in your chest.

"Is something with Spencer?" You already knew the answer before Luke even told you. "Yes, he...Y/N, he got shot. We...we were about to catch that man and...everything happened so fast...we're back in D.C. now and a helicopter brought Spencer from Atlantic City here", the FBI agent explained, but you barely listened to him.

Spencer got shot...he got hurt...

"Which hospital?", you eventually asked as you got up from the bed as fast as you could. "Luke, which hospital is Spencer brought to?", you shouted into the phone when he didn't answer fast enough.

"I'm almost at your place, get ready. I'll drive you there", Luke said and then hung up. For a short moment, you just kept standing in the middle of your bedroom, holding your phone in your hands and staring into nothing.

Then you threw yourself into a pair of comfy pants and a shirt, grabbed your phone and left the apartment. You tried to take deep breaths since you knew, freaking out could induce early labor and you really didn't want this to happen.

When you stepped outside the apartment building, you could already see Luke standing next to his car. You hurried to get to him and he immediately pulled you into a hug. "Do you have any news?", you quietly asked against his chest. But he shook his head. "Nothing new. The rest of the team is already in the hospital. Let's go." He opened the door so you could get in.

When you arrived at the hospital and in the waiting room, you were hugged by Penelope, JJ, Rossi, Tara and Emily. They looked all incredibly worried and you really needed to have news now or you'd go insane. Together with Penelope, you went to the information point. But the lady there didn't seem to be willing to tell you anything.