Just hold me

With a huge bin of her favorite ice cream Addie sat on the couch, her favorite comfy blanket spread over her legs. She spooned up the ice cream while Beauty and the Beast was on TV. It was the weekend and Addie's boyfriend Spencer was out in another state to solve a case for the FBI. She wished that he was here though since Addie was on her period and it was overall a bad one. The cramps that had started a day ago hadn't let her sleep last night and so she was all grumpy and pissed off right since she'd woken up this morning.

Addie sighed as put another spoon filled with ice cream in her mouth. Well, maybe it was better Spencer wasn't here. She could be annoying and in a really bad mood at that time of the month and it had happened quite often that she'd shouted at Spencer for literally nothing. But he had gotten used to it after a few times, knowing what to do and what not by now.

And sometimes, yes, sometimes Addie just went all cuddly and didn't want to let go of Spencer as soon as he was here. Today was one of those days. A glance on her phone and Addie knew he hadn't texted or called so far. She put her phone away again, cuddled into the blanket and ate some more ice cream. The cramps she has had all night long thankfully had gone away again some hours ago and the urge to eat all the sweet things in the house had been too strong to resist.

~

Addie was curled up on the couch with a hot-water bottle pressed against her underbelly and dozing when Spencer came back home. He hadn't texted or called her because he had been incredibly tired when they'd got into the plane to fly back to DC. And he wanted to surprise Addie with his early return. The team had been away for just two days although they all had thought it might take four to seven days to solve that case.

"Addie? Hey, baby. I'm home." Spencer kneeled next to the couch and brushed some hair out of Addie's face. "Hmm?" She slowly opened her eyes and was surprised to see her boyfriend. "You're back already?" Spencer nodded as he watched Addie sitting up. "Yeah, the case wasn't as tough as we thought." Spencer explained. "I'm glad you're back." Addie managed to give her boyfriend a little smile although the cramps that had overcome her some hours ago were still there and she felt like someone was ripping her uterus apart. Addie made a face when she put away the hot-water bottle which wasn't that hot anymore. Spencer frowned.

"What's the matter, honey? Aren't you feeling well?" Suddenly there was a worried expression on his face. "It's just period cramps." She quietly said, put a hand on his forearm and squeezed it. She didn't want to be whiny but she had a hard time doing so.

"Wait, I'll go make a new hot-water bottle for you." Spencer said and grabbed the fluffy, white bottle to go to the kitchen and fill it with new hot water. But Addie shook her head. "You just got back from a case. Go and take a shower. I can do this." She gave him a smile and hustled him softly towards the bathroom. He chuckled but didn't protest.

Some minutes later Addie was back on the couch and heard the shower. She couldn't wait for Spencer to come back into the living room smelling like apples because of his shampoo and all she wanted was to cuddle into his arms for the rest of the day.

"Are you feeling a bit better?" Spencer asked as soon as he'd returned from the bathroom. Addie shook her head. "Not really." That was the truth. The cramps appeared and then disappeared again within a few minutes and she was frustrated that not even the painkillers she'd taken half an hour ago would help.

Spencer joined Addie on the couch and she immediately placed her head in his lap as soon as he'd sat down. "Can I do something for you?" He asked. She shrugged. How could he help her? He couldn't take away the cramps or her mood swings or her craving for everything that was sugary and unhealthy.

She sighed and then sat up to snuggle into his arms. "Just hold me." He wrapped his arms around Addie and gently stroked her arm. She closed her eyes, feeling a bit better already. "How was the case?" She wanted to know some minutes later and could feel Spencer's chest moving up and down as he sighed. "It was quite stressful but in the end we caught the bad guys." Addie smiled. "As always."

Spencer laughed. „I wish we'd catch them every time and could save every life in danger."

"You all are doing your best every time when you're out in the field. I'm proud of you." Addie looked up at him and placed a kiss on his cheek. She knew his job was hard and he had to see things she couldn't think of or even imagine.

"Thanks, babe." The smile on his face made Addie smile as well. She hated seeing him sad. "So, what are we watching?" His eyes wandered to the TV that was still on. "There has been Beauty and the Beast but now there's nothing worth watching on anymore." She said frowning. "What about some Doctor Who?" Spencer now asked and she couldn't help but laugh.

"What? Why are you laughing?" He sounded almost a bit insulted but Addie knew he didn't mean it. "It's just funny that whenever you're to choose a movie or a TV show it's always Doctor Who." She chuckled.

Spencer shrugged. "Well, there are still some episodes I haven't seen so far." He explained. Addie put a hand on his leg. „You know I don't mind watching Doctor Who with you. I'm gonna watch everything today as long as you're holding me." She snuggled even more into his arms and breathed in his scent while she closed her eyes.

As another wave of cramps overcame Addie some time later, she winced and pulled a leg up to the couch in hope the pressure would ease the pain a bit. But nope, it didn't. She wiggled out of Spencer's arms and grabbed the hot-water bottle. A little groan escaped her mouth as she got up from the couch and Spencer looked up to his girlfriend, immediately knowing what was going on.

"Sit down, I'll go." He said, put the bottle out of Addie's hands and walked into the kitchen. She let out a sigh and sank back on the couch again. "Can you bring me another painkiller too, please?" She exclaimed and got a "Sure!" as an answer.

~

Addie's cramps continued to come and go every few minutes and soon she'd lay her head in Spencer's lap again and he started to massage her belly with one hand while the other played with her hair. Addie loved when he did that and drifted away into sleep while Spencer continued watching Doctor Who. He woke her up when the TV show was over and asked if she was hungry.

"Give me a minute." Addie sighed and slowly sat up, still feeling sleepy. But the cramps had stopped she just realized. A smile appeared on her face as her stomach started to growl. "Yeah, I guess I'm hungry." She chuckled and Spencer got up from the couch.

"Okay, what would you like to eat?" Addie shrugged because there was a lot she'd liked to eat: Cake, pizza, Chinese food, cookies..."Can we have Chinese take away?" She asked back and a grin grew on Spencer's face. "Ha, I knew it." He murmured. "What did you know?" Addie frowned.

He searched for his phone and when he got it he dialed the number of the next Chinese take away. "I knew that you'd like to have some Chinese because you always crave it when you're on your period." He explained while he listened to the free-line signal. "Noddles, fried rice, chicken, sweet and sour and some beef?" He asked and Addie nodded, settling back into the pillows on the couch while she watched her boyfriend ordering their dinner.

As soon as he'd finished the call, Addie reached out one of her arms in his direction. "Come here again." Spencer smiled and stepped back to her and let himself sink onto the couch. Addie cuddled into his arms again. She let out a pleased sigh. "There's no place in the world I'd rather be than in your arms." She admitted and felt his lips softly kissing her hair. "And there's nothing I'd rather do than holding you." He answered.