Put Your Arms Around Me

It was after midnight and you had fallen asleep on the couch while some crappy TV show was on. You had wanted to wait until Spencer would come home – he had sent you a message that the plane would arrive in D.C. in about four hours. The team have had a case somewhere in California and you hadn't seen your boyfriend for three days.

But your body had been weak and you couldn't have managed to stay awake until Spencer got home. You winced when you heard the front door close and opened your eyes. "Spence?", you murmured and slowly sat up.

"Yeah, I'm here darling", he quietly said and came to the couch you were sitting on. When he settled next to you, it didn't take long for you to see that something wasn't right.

"What's the matter?", you asked, frowning. When he didn't answer immediately, you placed a hand on his upper arm. He winced. "Spence? Talk to me!", you now said and couldn't hide your concern. "Are you hurt?", you continued with your questions, hoping he would finally say something.

"It's just my arm", he murmured and now you were wide awake again.

"Your arm? What's with your arm?"

"A grazing shot hit me", he calmly explained and you gasped.

"What? Why didn't anyone call me?" You couldn't believe none of the team have had taken the time to tell you that your boyfriend got hurt. But now Spencer gave you a slight smile and grabbed your hand.

"It's nothing bad, Y/N. I'm feeling okay. Just tired", he calmed you down. His pretty face looked exhausted you could see now. And you could also see that it must have been a hard case, apart from the grazing shot.

You sighed. "This has been hard case, right?", you asked and he just nodded as he leaned his head back. "Do you want to talk about it?", you offered. But Spencer shook his head now.

"I just want to forget what I had to see during those last days", he murmured and you could see that he closed his eyes. You held back another sigh. Although you would have liked to get to know what had been going on during that case and how Spencer had been hit by that grazing shot, you knew he wouldn't tell you as long as he didn't feel like doing so.

So, you didn't ask further. Instead you snuggled closer to him and placed your head on his chest. "Can you...can you just hold me, please?", he suddenly asked, his voice slightly shaking.

"Of course", you whispered and wrapped your arms around his torso, holding him tight.

"That feels good", Spencer sighed as his arms wrapped around you as well. For a moment, you just lay there, snuggled up to each other and staring into the TV without really seeing what was on it.

Then Spencer eventually pulled away again and got up. Frowning, you looked at him. "Let's go to bed", he said and reached out a hand to you. You grabbed it and he pulled you up.

While you were already in your PJs, Spencer still had to shower and change clothes. You brushed your teeth and then crawled into bed, waiting for him. He seemed to be down tonight and you were a bit worried about him. You knew, some cases hit him harder than others and he had already told you that he could cope with it. He had people to talk to about his feelings. And you knew, he hated to take things like that out on you. And at most part, you were okay with that.

You had almost fallen back asleep when Spencer finally slipped under the duvet next to you. "Come here", you said and reached out your arm. Spencer scooted closer and you wrapped your arms around him once more. You could smell the shampoo he had used and took a deep breath. You loved how Spencer smelled – no matter if it was his shampoo or the scent of books and coffee.

"When you're holding me like this, it just feels like home", Spencer murmured into your neck, where he had buried his face a while ago.

"I'm glad you feel like home when you're with me", you smiled as you let your fingers run through his curly and still wet hair. He started to press little kisses on your neck and you chuckled.

When Spencer pulled away again, there was finally a smile on his lips. "No matter how bad a case was, when I'm back with you again it's forgotten."

"Really?", you smirked because you couldn't quite believe him. Spencer wasn't one to forget hard cases fast. In fact, he never forgot a case thanks to his eidetic memory.

"No, not really", he then admitted chuckling and you joined him in his laughing. His laugh was the best thing you had ever heard in your life and you loved it when he laughed. You wrapped your arms tighter around him.

"I'm glad that I'm the reason you can relax better after cases like that", you murmured against his lips before you kissed him.

When you parted again, you let a finger gently run over the white bandage on his left arm. "Does it hurt?", you asked and felt relieved when Spencer shook his head.

"No, not anymore. At least not at the moment."

"Good. Because I hate seeing you in pain", you smiled as you snuggled back into his body. You felt the tiredness hitting you hard again and closed your eyes.

"I'm glad you're back home", you sleepily murmured.

"Me too", Spencer sighed and kissed your hair. You smiled. Whenever Spencer went away to safe people and catch the bad guys, you prayed that he'd come back to you again. And when he did, you felt like the happiest woman in the whole wide world.

"I love you", he said but you couldn't even reply, your mouth didn't work anymore; sleep had overcome you.